RE: Remake and RE: 2 corrupt?

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by Comedor, Aug 9, 2007.

Aug 9, 2007
  1. Comedor
    OP

Member Comedor GBAtemp Fan

Brazil
    Hi people, I'm not american, so sorry for my bad english!

I create this topic because I tried to make the back-up of Resident Evil Remake and Resident Evil 2 (GC) in three differents torrents and all of them give me a "corrupt file" at the time to extract it. So, what is the problem with it? Every single gamer had this issue? Share information, it would be good...

Thanks!

2. nloding

Member nloding GBAtemp Fan

United States
    The torrents were very possibly the same torrent on different trackers; hence the same files. Not everything you download is uncorrupted. Try a different source (eBay or newgroups) but don't ask for tutorials or where to find them here. They're probably really cheap on eBay or the like, and might be worth the $15 for both rather than weeks spent finding an uncorrupted one.

The answer to your question is that the .rar files are corrupt and fail the CRC checksum. And anyone who downloaded that torrent has that issue.

There is a slight possibility that you have bad memory or a bad hard drive in your computer system and it would be worth it to test those anyway (Google Memtest86 and "Drive Fitness Test"). But I doubt that's your problem.

3. Comedor
    OP

Member Comedor GBAtemp Fan

Brazil
    I live in South America, it's hard for me to buy a game on e-Bay and the price here for this old games are almost US$ 45.00!

And the error is just like you say, this CRC thing. It occoured on the last file of the .iso.

4. chronjohnson

Newcomer chronjohnson Advanced Member

If I spoke Spanish and had CRC errors I'd probably go in search of Resident_Evil_2_PAL_NGC-Lhotse lht-re2p and Resident_Evil_PAL_NGC-DNL dnl-red1. Portugese I dunno.