Gaming Re-purchasing VC and Wiiware games

megabug7

Forum Relic
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
I purchased a Wii back in 2007 and sold it about a year later having amassed quite a collection of purchased VC/Wiiware titles (including custom and downloaded wads).

I recently bought a new Wii again and linked my Club Nintendo account (like I did with my previous Wii), and found out that I'm having to re-purchase all the games I had.

My Club Nintendo account shows I bought them already so why am I having to re-buy them again?

When I spoke to Nintendo they told me they would need my old machine and new machine. WTF!
mad.gif

Anyone else had this?

XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
lets say i have a friend... lets call him... Lission... I might suggest he tell ninty to go F*** themselves and go find the games he purchased (or maybe even ones he didn't, but that would be piracy.....) in wad form. I would also tell him that sharing links like that on this site is frowned upon, so google it!

Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
When you buy something it has ticket code or something (excuse my dumbass knowledge) that is linked to the Wii console it was purchased on. It was a way to combat piracy of these, to stop people just letting others copying the games they bought...which the hackers hacked now.

A good alternative is just pirate the ones you've already bought.

megabug7

Forum Relic
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
xflak40 said:
lets say i have a friend... lets call him... Fission... I might suggest he tell ninty to go F*** themselves and go find the games he purchased (or maybe even ones he didn't, but that would be piracy.....) in wad form. I would also tell him that sharing links like that on this site is frowned upon, so google it!

Too much hassle... I'm on 4.2 and remembers the hassle and constant updating that one had to do on the last Wii. All the CIos Ios whatever crap, and then you still run the chance of bricking the Wii.

And I'm well aware of the rules thank you very much.

megabug7

Forum Relic
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Hadrian said:
When you buy something it has ticket code or something (excuse my dumbass knowledge) that is linked to the Wii console it was purchased on. It was a way to combat piracy of these, to stop people just letting others copying the games they bought...which the hackers hacked now.

A good alternative is just pirate the ones you've already bought.

See my previous post.

I've not been part of the Wii scene since 2008 - so a lot of things have changed and there is just too much to read about what I need to do to get my system 'set up'

XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
lmao, why do u ask for help if ur not prepared to try our solutions?

besides, all u need to play pirated wii-ware is patched system menu ios (ios70 for 4.2 systems), u can get this by googling 4 it, check out xzxero's simplistic mod, or use dop-ios to patch it on the fly

after that, all u need to do is find the wads of the wiiware u want, and install them using wad manager

if that's too hard for you... well, I dont know what to tell u because it doesn't get any easier than that!

megabug7

Forum Relic
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
xflak40 said:
lmao, why do u ask for help if ur not prepared to try our solutions?

besides, all u need to play pirated wii-ware is patched system menu ios (ios70 for 4.2 systems), u can get this by googling 4 it, check out xzxero's simplistic mod, or use dop-ios to patch it on the fly

after that, all u need to do is find the wads of the wiiware u want, and install them using wad manager

if that's too hard for you... well, I dont know what to tell u because it doesn't get any easier than that!

Actually I didn't ask for help. You gave me help which I already knew.

What I didn't know was that the games were Wii dependant hence my post.

Still the fact is -- it sucks beans, and the irony is they did this to combat piracy (hadrian's post) but it just invokes piracy.

Games can be transferred from PS3 to PS3 with no problem. Nintendo always have to be difficult.

RchUncleSkeleton

Skeletron 9000
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
I agree with kiwovo...just pirate it.....if it's not released on a physical medium then it doesn't deserve to be paid for....especially for most of the garbage that is produced for wiiware games....as far as VC games..there are several emulators for the wii that allow you to play you game roms for systems such as NES,SNES,GENESIS,GBA,TG16 and several other games directly from an sd card or usb drive if you have the HB channel installed.

Chris_Skylock

Trophies
Website
www.friendster.com
XP
Country
Look. I dont want to sound like a jerk but why do you need to download something you havent done on your new Wii?

The things you downloaded are ALREADY SIGNE DTO WORK ON THAT SPECIFIC Wii. Buying a new Wii means you are a new person, not a returning customer.

It's a common problem in the Tech Forums and it's giving me headaches just to read those problems.

They need your old and new Wii to transfer the signed ticket. It's that simple. They will transfer all your data to your new Wii and you can forget your old Wii. No need to worry about your account

blackdragonbaham

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
it's nintendo, games are everything they have, so they take all measurements to prevent the piracy to get the upper hand, purely their technics aren't perfect, be glad that you can just get your stuff on this way yet:.

megabug7

Forum Relic
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Ok so I got this niggle and can't work out why.

Installed a few VC games on the Wii, and then transferred them to the SD Card

I can copy them back to the Wii, or launch them from the SD card fine.

Except 2 (so far)
When I initially installed these 2 - they play fine
I can copy them to the SD card, and that's where they fail to launch, I also can't move them back to the Wii again.

Any ideas?
unsure.gif

Eddie_Brock

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Um... This was common knowledge when the Wii came out 3 years ago. It should be common knowledge now...

If you had bothered to read the manual and/or the license agreement, I'm these details would have been clear to you.
You honestly expected to sell your wii and still have access to the games on it? Don't be stupid...

It's not Nintendo's fault, its your own. At least they offered to transfer them across to the new machine for you.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: Firefox users be like "look at what they have to do to mimic a fraction of our power."