Hacking Re-Modding A Wii...

niccador

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay, I've been doing quite a bit of reading, but still need a little bit of input/affirmation...

My original Wii mod was done quite some time ago, and I really want ed to update the whole thing, so my plan is as follows:

Phase 1: Re-virginize and reformat, per CSG. Re-update via Nintendo.

Phase 2: "Simplistic Mod", using r15 (for now).

Phase 3: Install necessary files and loaders to USB and/or SD card, and install forwarder channels. (I plan to use WiiFlow, as well as something for GC backups, and a handful of emulators.)

My big questions though are:

Q1: For GC backups I will obviously need to also install a cMIOS during Phase 2, yes?

Q2: Up to this point, I've used the old Gamma and/or NeoGamma loaders (for both my backups and originals), but I understand these will not work with R15. Can anyone recommend an alternate loader for GC backups that DOES work with R15? Or, on the other side of the coin, can anyone give any other reasons for why I might NOT want to use R15?

leondmsmith

Trophies
XP
Country
Phase 1 - of you update via Nintendo you risk gtting a boot2V4 making bootmii install only as IOS, if you already have bootmii as IOS then ok otherwise if you have bootmii as boot2 dont do it.

Phase 2 - fine but use CIOS V14 instead it works better than 15

Phase 3 - fine but i prever configloader myself =)

TBH all you need to do is follow ZXZEROS sticky guide fully, using it to update to 4.2 then rehack 4.2 and go down to 4.1 if you want. If your playing disc based games CIOSCORP 3.6 allows for full disc channel loading =)

Posts merged

And you can do the cMIOS at anypoint after updating!

niccador

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Frak me....
Okay. I CANNOT get NUSD to work properly, and actually download any of the necessary IOS's to re-virginize my system.
Can anyone assist with either explicit instructions on how to make this thing download properly, or at PM me the files I need, or some other alternative?

transam81

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
No need to re-virginize your Wii if your are doing the Simplistic Mod.
Everything that you install using that guide will replace all that you have done before.

Use Neogamma for playing backup disc.
Configurable Usb Loader is truly the best for playing from HDD.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Purple_Heart @ Purple_Heart: shit like goku mui and beerus and other dbs stuff lmao