Hacking Re-install cfw or restore wii u to do a fresh cfw install

Air-In

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How can I go about re-installing cfw or possibly reformatting my system to start from scratch to do a new cfw install?

I'm on 5.5.1 and I modded my wii u like 4 years ago so I don't really remember exactly what I did, but when I boot up my wii u I load up haxchi and then mocha auto loads right after.

My reason for wanting to do this is there's something wrong with my vwii cuz if I have cfw loaded then it says system files corrupted, but if I don't load haxchi then I can go to my vwii no problem. And I think this is what's causing my gamecube injections not to load properly.

When I load a gc injection it acts like it's about to work then just causes my wii u to reboot without any cfw loaded which I think is related to my problem with the vwii

Air-In

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You don't need mocha if you use haxchi. Uninstall haxchi, and reinstall it. But this time, the latest version. And the vWii has nothing to do with haxchi or something other from the wii u.

So do I need to uninstall mocha via homebrew launcher? I tried just deleting mocha from my sd card but when I did that haxchi failed to load and I just got a black screen with a -3 on it.

So any idea why when haxchi is loaded the vwii doesn't work but when I don't load haxchi it does work?

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a theory as to why it says system files are corrupted with the virtual wii. it will say that if you have rednand installed as it's not compatible with the virtual wii. I'm thinking mocha is booting into rednand.

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
I have a theory as to why it says system files are corrupted with the virtual wii. it will say that if you have rednand installed as it's not compatible with the virtual wii. I'm thinking mocha is booting into rednand.
Maybe, depends on how you have it set up.
So do I need to uninstall mocha via homebrew launcher? I tried just deleting mocha from my sd card but when I did that haxchi failed to load and I just got a black screen with a -3 on it.

So any idea why when haxchi is loaded the vwii doesn't work but when I don't load haxchi it does work?
Change the Haxchi config file in SD:\haxchi\config.txt to say the following:
Code:
default=sysmenu
a=wiiu/apps/homebrew_launcher/homebrew_launcher.elf
Then reinstall Haxchi.
Then it will boot Haxchi CFW by default and you can hold A to boot into HBL.
First you should see what button is set to launch HBL in the config and hold that button in order to get into HBL to reinstall Haxchi once you have modified the file.

Reactions: Air-In

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
[MOCHA]
viewMode=0
directLaunch=1
launchImage=1
noIosReload=0
launchSysMenu=1
redNAND=1
seeprom_red=0
otp_red=0
syshaxXml=0

this is what my mocha config looks like aside from redNAND. I changed it to 1 for this little example to show you what it'd look like if redNAND was being loaded. if you deleted the mocha folder, it doesn't matter then.

Air-In

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
[MOCHA]
viewMode=0
directLaunch=1
launchImage=1
noIosReload=0
launchSysMenu=1
redNAND=1
seeprom_red=0
otp_red=0
syshaxXml=0

this is what my mocha config looks like aside from redNAND. I changed it to 1 for this little example to show you what it'd look like if redNAND was being loaded. if you deleted the mocha folder, it doesn't matter then.

Well I backed up mocha before I deleted it and since haxchi didn't load without mocha I put it back on my sd card. I checked my config file in my mocha folder and it does say rednand=1, so based on what you said that means rednand is being loaded and that could be causing my issue with the vwii?

Air-In

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yes, redNAND can not load the virtual wii. the system files are corrupted is the message you'll get.

That must be my problem then, so what's my best course of action here? Do I change the mocha config file or like the other guy suggested uninstall mocha and then do a fresh install of latest haxchi without mocha?

Air-In

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
haxchi without mocha. the way you had it you were running a cfw on top of a cfw which is unnecessary.

So here's the next part of my problem, how do I go about installing haxchi without mocha exactly? I can't get to homebrew launcher without having it on my sd card cuz when I loaded up haxchi without my mocha folder I just get black screen. And if I don't load haxchi then I can't get to the homebrew launcher, thanks for your help btw

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
alright, try putting mocha back on, then get into the homebrew launcher. after that, change your config.txt to the one @The Real Jdbye posted. that will be simple and working. you don't need to delete mocha from the sd card in case you ever want to use it. it simply won't be run now.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

first put redNAND=0, so you won't enter redNAND. then you can test the virtual wii as well.

Reactions: Air-In

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: 9:02 am here