Re-enabling shop channel on 4.2?

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by tpformbh, Feb 4, 2010.

Feb 4, 2010
  1. tpformbh
    OP

Member tpformbh GBAtemp Regular

Panama
    Wii has a Wiikey (1.9G I believe), and 4.2. Softmodded with bootmii, NeoGamma (for NSMB) and nothing else installed. Think cIOS rev 14 is on there too, no idea if that needs updating, as I use the disk channel for everything except NSMB, no USB loaders or anything like that.

Just want to re-enable the shop channel as I've got 500 points left to spend. Last time I tried to get on, it made me update, and I had to restore from a bootmii backup. Can I update just the store?

2. longtom1

Member longtom1 Keep an eye on my posts cause I quick edit frequen

Antarctica
    Use wiiscu, dop-ios mod or NUSD and wad manager to update IOS61 and the shop channel v18 and all should be good but remember to do a nand backup first

3. tj_cool

Supervisor tj_cool Stuff

Belgium
    I'd use Dop-IOS MOD myself
    excellent app [​IMG]

You can update the cIOS to rev17 if you want to, but if rev14 works, you don't have to [​IMG]

4. tpformbh
    OP

Member tpformbh GBAtemp Regular

Panama
    Dop-IOS??

Going to have do some reading up I think. Will stick with current cIOS then. I think those updates are only for USB loader users aren't they?

I think i've used NUSD before, i've definitely used WAD manager. I'll try this Dop-IOS then, but do I need to trucha sign IOS60/shop channel via NUSD or just go ahead with updating both through it? Also, using DOP-IOS mod, which IOS do I need to use as the vulnerable one?

Thanks for your help [​IMG]

5. longtom1

Member longtom1 Keep an eye on my posts cause I quick edit frequen

Antarctica
    with NUSD just pack to wad and install with wad manager IOS61 then shop channel v18