Hacking Re-downgrading An Accidently Upgraded Firmware?

Cole1992

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hi everyone, this is my first post, and I'm in need of some help. Okay, heres the story.

I softmodded my wii a while ago by downgrading firmware and installing the homebrew channel and backup launcher (I just followed some guide, I don't know how it worked). Recently I gave my brother my Wii since I wasn't using it at the time. He didn't know how to use the backup launcher so he launched a game the regular way and upgraded my firmware back up to 4.1U. Now, everytime I try to launch a game or look at the files in my SD card, it either freezes or restarts. Although I can still access the homebrew channel.

Now, I have no idea how to get my firmware back to normal or fix what has happened.

Is my wii bricked?

If not, how do I downgrade my firmware again?

And should I just abandon all hope and sell my Wii for scrap metal?

Thanks guys, in advance.

xzxero

♥bong milk does good for the brain♥
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
the 1st part says

Setting up the SD Card
1st download the precompiled link update.zip for your region by emailing [email protected]
Extract the "update.zip" & put the files onto a SD card & insert the SD card into the Wii.

you message the said email, and it sends you a link the files, what part of that dont you understand?

0M39A

Trophies
XP
Country
are you serious? give up on modding your wii if you cant even read the guide properly.

Setting up the SD Card
1st download the precompiled link update.zip for your region by emailing [email protected]
Extract the "update.zip" & put the files onto a SD card & insert the SD card into the Wii.

gamersclub

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
danspage.tk
XP
Country
Canada
Someone should just make a thread about reading read-me's/the installation instructions FIRST to avoid bricking and many common questions. Reading is a quite useful skill these days.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Sup