Re: Banned Staff members

Discussion in 'Site Discussions & Suggestions' started by shaunj66, Apr 19, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Apr 19, 2006

Re: Banned Staff members by shaunj66 at 10:56 PM (2,966 Views / 0 Likes) 38 replies

1. shaunj66
    OP

Administrator shaunj66 Administrator

United Kingdom
    Some of you members may be wondering what's happened to three of our respected staff members. So for those of you that want to know the reason why Luse, Ruth and Puck have been moved to the 'Banned' user group, here is a brief explanation.

Unfortunately, to the dismay of all our staff, some conflicts have arisen between certain GBAtemp staff members and have been on-going for the last week or so.
    Certain things have been said before due thought was given, along with some conflicts of interests. This has led to the belief that these particular staff members can not be trusted with the powers that were given to them, nor should they even belong on our board... At least for the time being.

Does that mean that these three members will not return to GBAtemp? Not as such. There are still words that need to be spoken between them, and hopefully not all theirs and ours respect has been lost.

Best regards,
    The GBAtemp Staff.

2. teh_raf3

Member teh_raf3 Whatever suits you

Belgium
    Dunno if it's appropriate to reply, but thanks for clearing it up shaunj66.

3. shaunj66
    OP

Administrator shaunj66 Administrator

United Kingdom
    Members and staff are welcome to reply if they wish. [​IMG]

4. Ace Gunman

Former Staff Ace Gunman ~••Lucky҉Shot••~

Canada
    *Hands you his resume* [​IMG] Just kidding~! In all seriousness though, I never would have guessed there were conflicts within the inner machinations of the GBAtemp staff. Heck, it's almost unbelievable. So much so, that I half expect this to turn out to be a late April Fools day gag. Hm, damn shame though, hopefully you guys will work this all out. [​IMG]

[​IMG] GBAtemp is only as strong as the members and staff that frequent it.

5. Smef

Former Staff Smef The GbaTemp Hitchhiker

United States
    >_<

I do not believe that all of those members were a threat to the board. Hopefully everyone will be able to sort out their differences and we'll see them again soon.

6. 754boy

Banned 754boy :D

United States
    Well Luse was! Ever since he banned me for one week for something so petty I didn't trust him [​IMG]

7. Ace Gunman

Former Staff Ace Gunman ~••Lucky҉Shot••~

Canada
    Now now, lets not point fingers. What I don't understand (and for good reason, it's none of our business) is what these conflicts could have been about. ~

GUY1: [​IMG] "I think we should change GBAtemp's name to GBtemp."

GUY2: [​IMG] "NO! It should be left the way it is!"

GUY1: [​IMG] "I WILL DESTROY YOU AND MESS WITH THIS FORUM! GRRRR!"

I just can't picture anything related to this forum that could cause a major conflict. [​IMG]

8. Gaisuto

Former Staff Gaisuto Lose 2 Levels.

United States
    I never noticed a problem with Luse atleast...

9. 754boy

Banned 754boy :D

United States
    Well I did.....still got that PM that taunted me....anyways wonder wat those conflicts were [​IMG]

10. dafatkid27

Member dafatkid27 GBAtemp Fan

United States
    I totally agree, well stated. I hope this all turns out ok.

11. phuzzz

Former Staff phuzzz Hooha!

United States
    Don't concern yourself with the details for now. Just accept that this was the neccesary action for the time being.

12. amptor

Banned amptor Banned

United States
    luse is nice, the other two meh... I never heard of ruth tho. I remember when I had a problem with puck almost nobody gave a fuck about me tho.

13. Mehdi

Member Mehdi Lemonade by Psyfira

Netherlands
    If the disputes between the banned staff members colided with the interests of the forum in a way that it prevented them in co-operating to ensure a warm and welcoming board, I call the decision justified.

Since their disputes had little affect on me I feel I do not have the right to suddenly give my opinion about them especially just because of the fact they were banned and I feel it is "safe" to bash them without a possible ban. I suggest others follow my view on this matter.

Lets hope they solve their problems and get the chance to come back again.

14. Hitto

Member Hitto MKDS Tournament Winner

France
    +1.
    Obviously, a lot of gossip will make the rounds, but this shouldn't be an occasion to say "x and y fucked me over, ban them!"

tl;dr : move along, there's nothing to see!

15. SSJ Zac

Member SSJ Zac GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Finally!!!!! Puck has been constantly messing with me since I got here. I'm glad to see that @$$hole out of here.

16. speechless

Member speechless Friend Of GBATemp

United States
    i gave a fuck amptor..

and luse, meh..
    he was the one banned me for awhile over an avatar. [​IMG]

but word on the street from a casual observer and just a total outsider on this situation is as follows...
    puck was conspiring with luse and ruth to do mean things to the forum, and posting threating threads as well..
    is nice to see that isn't tolerated. i think costello and shaunj66 did the right thing for the moment.
    now hopefully the in-fighting is over and people know their places.
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

EDIT:
    main point. puck forgot his place.
    your right to access gbatemp is a privilege, not a right.
    admin is always right and can remove anyone at anytime for any reason for any amount of time.
    go costello go. [​IMG]

17. Dragonlord

Member Dragonlord Linux-Dragon of quick wit and sharp tongue

Switzerland
    i don't really know what has been happening, especially as i stayed away from posting ( and often reading ) in topics as my schedule somehow leaves me not much time so i don't try to give an opinion on the matter if this is right or not. the administration board of a forum has to be concise with the decisions and actions they do so if something gets in the way preventing the board from doing their job properly actions have to be taken and i'm sure the board took the right decision on this one.

now one thing i can though say even without knowing the situation in detail: STFU all those that talk bad about those receiving a temporary removal from the boards. talking shit about people, no matter what they did or not, behind their backs ( especially if they can't speak right now beeing removed ) is the lowest you can do. hence a big shame-on-you towards people like 'Magic_MasterX'. stop this crap as this topic is not here to bash those people. got that?

18. alexp2_ad

Member alexp2_ad Certified Smart Ass

United Kingdom
    Hmmm... I have no idea what's going on, but I hope you chaps sort it out. [​IMG]

19. jumpman17

Former Staff jumpman17 He's a semi-aquatic egg laying mammal of action!

United States
    No, that's not quite what happened. There was no huge plan to destroy GBAtemp.

20. speechless

Member speechless Friend Of GBATemp

United States
    abusing their given priveleged powers by deleting threads, random violence to break formatting by inserting overly large pixels into random sigs, etc, etc.. doing a "koekie".. these were things puck spoke of.. that sounds like a plan, since he was talking to luse and ruth using gbatemp pm.. only by chance was it caught before they actually were to follow through with it.. so that is quite what happened.. it wasn't a huge plan no, but a plan nontheless and one thwarted nontheless and the offenders dealt with and their punishments handed.. let's just be honest for a moment thx

REPLY TO JUMPMAN BELOW:
    i also dont want to sugar-coat it and make it look like nothing. if someone wants to give the reasons behind why puck wanted to leave gbatemp by vandalizing the database permanently they can.. and jumpman personally, we're still buddies, so no pokes or jabs at you. i'm just saying to even mention doing that, is reason to question their future judgements.. what if they got mad in the future?? do you keep them?? you know those questions come up when you think you have mods that conspire like that even in jokes.

REPLY TO ACE BELOW:
    it wont get out of hand if people don't let it, just give facts not opinions.. everything i stated above is pure fact.

EDIT:
    multiple edits to this post to avoid bumping and possiblity of more people with opinions and not facts from adding input.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.