RE 5 Console Flashable?

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Games & Content' started by Christopho, Jan 19, 2010.

Jan 19, 2010

RE 5 Console Flashable? by Christopho at 2:29 PM (700 Views / 0 Likes) 4 replies

1. Christopho
    OP

Member Christopho GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Does anyone know what the MFR date on the resident evil 5 360 elite console is (i.e. what is the console date)? Or when it was discontinued? Also, is there a specific dvd drive for it (e.g. just lite-ons, just hitachi's, etc) or is it like any other 360 elite console (e.g. lite-ons, hitachi's, etc. at random).

Thanks in Advance~

2. Blue Zoidberg

Member Blue Zoidberg GBAtemp Regular

United States
    It has a Lite-On drive that is flashable, and it has a has a bootstrap you can hack too!
    Plus, the console is red and really sweet looking [​IMG]

Unfortunately, I updated my dashboard like an idiot and can't hack mine [​IMG]

3. Originality

Member Originality Chibi-neko

United Kingdom
    All RE5 360s are hackable. They were released in two waves - true RE5 edition 360s with a red case/shell and red controllers and the RE5 decals, were released when RE5 was released - check wiki to find out when that was. The second wave had the normal white case/shell and just had the RE5 decals stuck on as part of some promotional event to get more people to buy a 360 because of these 'cool new looks'. In either case, they're limited edition.

Mine is from the latter, with an MFR of 2009-01-04. LiteOn drive, although I haven't even opened it up yet to see which version, since I've got several other hacked 360s to play with.

4. Christopho
    OP

Member Christopho GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Do you know what the last MFR date was (i.e. when was the bundle discontinued?)? Also, is it the easy lite-on flash or the one where you have to do some extra work (asking this because my flasher said he won't do it for the new lite-ons-the ones where you have to do extra work)? It's sad how a 360 forum hasn't even answered this -.-

Thanks In Advance~

5. Originality

Member Originality Chibi-neko

United Kingdom
    I don't know when the second wave started or ended, I just assume it was only on for a couple months. In any case, it will most likely be LiteOn v7xxx, requiring the probe/spear to get the key. As I said, I've not actually opened it up to find out which one it really is, but it definitely won't be one of the newer ones that need the easyswitch thing with the soldering and the diodes and stuff.

If your 'flasher' has the connectivity kit with the probe/spear, he won't have any trouble with it.