Hacking [RCM Payload] Hekate mod - exFAT support and USER dump

sweetlilmre

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi,

I modded the Hekate release to add exFAT support and to add another menu option to include the USER partition when dumping the emmc.
The payload can be found here: https://github.com/sweetlilmre/hekate/releases/tag/v1.1

Testing takes a long time, but I have tested a Fat32 vs exFAT dump of everything excluding USER and the files are identical.
I am testing the USER dump now, I assume that it will work provided that you have a big enough SD Card to handle it.

EDIT:

Credits to naehrwert for the original code: https://github.com/nwert/hekate
I take no responsibility for any damage / issues incurred with this release, use at your own risk.
That said, I've tested it on my switch and it seems to work well.

HTH
-(e)

Last edited by sweetlilmre,

Eastonator12

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi,

I modded the Hekate release to add exFAT support and to add another menu option to include the USER partition when dumping the emmc.
The payload can be found here: https://github.com/sweetlilmre/hekate/releases/tag/v1.1

Testing takes a long time, but I have tested a Fat32 vs exFAT dump of everything excluding USER and the files are identical.
I am testing the USER dump now, I assume that it will work provided that you have a big enough SD Card to handle it.

HTH
-(e)
how do you move around the menu? do joycons work in this menu?

sweetlilmre

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
sorry i am like a "end user" so which is the function of this app ?

This is a payload for the fusée gelée exploit.
It allows you to backup your emmc, get info from your console (fuse, kfuse and TSEC) and boot other firmware and was release by naehrwert.
I have just made some modifications as per the topic.

HTH
-(e)

Reactions: aerios169

Imancol

Otak Productions
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
Do you think there is a possibility to dump the data directly to the PC ?. Like adding a driver to the useful load that allows to explore the data or transfer it to the connected PC after loading the Payload

I wanted to leave this message here in case someone can clarify it

sweetlilmre

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
@sweetlilmre
Very nice.

So the exFAT support was already built in and you had only to turn it on, right?
Is there a reason why naehrwert disabled it by default?

Hi,

As soon as I saw that he was using chan's fatFS code I wondered why he had not enabled exFAT support.
(I am pretty familiar with FatFs, so went to check the version and exFAT switch in ffconf.h straight off).

I thought it may be something to do with the additional size of the code and hence exploit, but this doesn't seem to be a problem at all.
Maybe he just forgot?

-(e)

Reactions: tecfreak

reminon

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I wanted to leave this message here in case someone can clarify it
iirc, kate mentioned having a mass storage payload. I feel like that would be what that user is looking for. Mounting the switch through USB, with access to the emmc as a mass storage device would be highly useful for brick fixes.

TiMeBoMb4u2

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi,

EDIT:

Credits to naehrwert for the original code: https://github.com/nwert/hekate
I take no responsibility for any damage / issues incurred with this release, use at your own risk.
That said, I've tested it on my switch and it seems to work well.

HTH
-(e)
Looks like another user forked and added a missing dependency?
https://github.com/Gnarmagon/hekate/commit/c1ea2af3c9f9f1bdc91c3a1c217ba38c9cb04c06

sweetlilmre

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Just finished the USER dump and it seems OK.
There is a small issue with the progress bar, I think this relates to a 32 bit over flow in the percentage calculation, so I'll look into a fix for that.
The net effect is that the progress bar wraps to zero and then continues, this does not seem to cause any issue with the dump, though I'll have to verify that @rajkosto tools.

oh ok
thats what i thought, just making sure. what does "boot other OS" do tho

That will allow you to boot another firmware, from what I understand, it's limited to early versions of the official firmware at this point.
-(e)

Eastonator12

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just finished the USER dump and it seems OK.
There is a small issue with the progress bar, I think this relates to a 32 bit over flow in the percentage calculation, so I'll look into a fix for that.
The net effect is that the progress bar wraps to zero and then continues, this does not seem to cause any issue with the dump, though I'll have to verify that @rajkosto tools.

That will allow you to boot another firmware, from what I understand, it's limited to early versions of the official firmware at this point.
-(e)
oh. so like, if i wanted to go to 1.0.0, i could run it from this? or no

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21: Chuck your brain out the window, it's useless, use your head instead