RCA Analog to Optical Audio?

Discussion in 'Wii - Hardware, Devices and Utilities' started by adamrgolf, Nov 22, 2007.

Nov 22, 2007

RCA Analog to Optical Audio? by adamrgolf at 7:55 AM (1,192 Views / 0 Likes) 4 replies

1. adamrgolf
    OP

Member adamrgolf GBAtemp Regular

United States
    I want to convert the rca analog (red/white) audio from the wii to digital optical audio (toslink) -- I'm not looking to do this for better audio quality, but because i need to hook this up through the optical input on my receiver. I've found this: http://www.ecost.com/detail.aspx?edp=34874531 which claims it has an "Optical Input,which gives the option for crisp Digital Sound" but i don't know what the heck they are talking about b/c technically it should be an optical output, but also there is nothing that looks like what i need in the picture... if anyone understands what I'm talking about and has any ideas please let me konw.

Thanks!

2. legendofphil

Member legendofphil Phil no Densetsu

United Kingdom
    Should it be true, it would NEVER give digital audio, the Wii doesn't support digital audio.

AFAIK no Wii AV cable has optical out. I'm not sure what you want exists and if it does it would probably be very expensive.

3. adamrgolf
    OP

Member adamrgolf GBAtemp Regular

United States
    yea i know it wont be digital - i'm also not looking for a single cable to do the job. i've found this "ANALOG TO DIGITAL CONVERTER" (third item down here: http://www.youravcablestore.com/digital-to...onverters.html), but I've tried purchasing it from a few sites and its been discontinued.

4. andreq

Member andreq GBAtemp Regular

Canada
  5. legendofphil

Member legendofphil Phil no Densetsu

United Kingdom