RB2 DLC 3rd gen (FOR TECHIES from a technical standpoint ONLY)

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by tripellex, Jul 22, 2009.

1. tripellex
    OP

Member tripellex GBAtemp Regular

United States
    I think I may have stumbled across the 3rd gen (sZCE) downloads, yet I can't run them through the decrypter due to what I'm assuming is something to do with the titles files. If someone who has knowledge about the titles files and the decrypter (specifically, the source) can assist me, I may be able to release 3rd gen tools. PM me if you know what I'm talking about.

EDIT: Just as I thought, I did indeed find the 3rd gen DLs. They go up to 00000027. I need info on the Titles Key and IV for Decrypter before I can decrypt them though.

As the description in the thread says, this thread is for TECHIES ONLY, people who know what I'm talking about, and what they are talking about. Do NOT use this thread as a "Duh, were kan I downlode the songs at, please gimme" thread. I'm not going to give you the links, nor is anyone else. if you are too stupid to use Google, you don't have any business downloading this stuff in the first place.

2. DarkLG

Member DarkLG Wow One Shiny Ribbon!!!!

United States
    Give me the link I think I can figure something out.

3. fubka

Member fubka GBAtemp Regular

United States
    post the contents of the list.txt file

4. tripellex
    OP

United States
    Check your PM, DarkLG

Sorry fubka, I'd rather avoid a mass rapid of NOA's servers by retards at the moment, till we can confirm everything.

5. DarkLG

United States
    Thanks Tripellex.I'll see if I can figure something out.

6. tripellex
    OP

United States
    No prob DarkLG. While you're at it, can you investigate what's wrong with the titles files for 2nd gen? For the 2nd gen downloads, it downloads 466 RAW files, up to 00001D1, yet the Decrypter only creates 335 .app files, up to 0000015C.app. Theres something like 131 RAW files its skipping.

7. DarkLG

United States
    Hmm weird I haven't really messed with dlc 2 I messed with dlc 1 to see if it worked it did.But I still have only v1 installed since it worked for me lol.

8. tripellex
    OP

United States
    Even with Gen 1, I noticed it downloaded 517 RAW files yet only made 510 .app files. I haven't gone through them to see which files it skipped.
    Also, dunno if you noticed, but Decrypt gives an error at the end regarding a 0010001.app file thats missing.

Also, I just discovered there are a bunch more Gen 2 songs server-side than the list.txt shows/downloads. Downloading those now as well, with the hopes that they too can be decrypted after the titles files gets an update.

9. DarkLG

United States
    good luck with that lol [​IMG]

10. MRG

Newcomer MRG Member

United States
    I'm having the same problem with the missing 00010001 file, however aside from that, everything seems fine, that's from Gen 1. I'll post if I have any issues with Gen 2

11. tripellex
    OP

United States
    Okay, there seems to be a lot more songs already sitting server-side for both Gen 2 (sZBE) and Gen 3 (sZCE), and I've successfully downloaded everything thats there. The Gen 2 list actually goes beyond 000001D2, all the way to 000001FF, while Gen 3 goes to 00000027. Thats roughly 40 unreleased songs. I have a few people looking into it, so maybe we'll see a third-gen tool in the near future.

Also, I'm having an issue. I created the .bins fine, put them on my SD card via the RB2_DLC_Manager, and they are visible in RB2's Quickplay list, yet when I try to play them, I get a message about them being outdated and having to be redownloaded. I've tried this both with a USB copy and a burnt disc copy of RB2, same effect. I also wiped all my originally bought DLC from both the SD card and Wii memory, still same thing. If I go to the RB2 store however, those download and play just fine. ANy thoughts?

12. jhoff80

Member jhoff80 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    Pretty sure sZBE goes to 212, not 1FF.

13. tripellex
    OP

United States
    lol They must have blocked me then, because I was getting 401s after 1FF.

14. jhoff80

United States
    I haven't actually been fully downloading anything, just been messing around and checking things out, so I guess maybe that's possible, because I can still see 212.

I think maybe it's next week's DLC already posted up there.

15. thc42O

Banned thc42O Banned

Canada
    when sZCE installer ticket become available. toolset will be updated in this fashion DLC_DLER_GEN3

Thank you and enjoy.

16. blitzer320

Member blitzer320 GBAtemp Fan

United States
    okay sorry if this has been answer already but i need a little clarification does v2 download the same things as v1 and what exactly are the differences between the two
    or
    is v1 part of all the songs and v2 is the rest

edit: forget about it i see from comparing the two list.txt that v1 downloads from a folder ending with 4145 but v2 downloads from a folder ending with 4245 so they must be different songs
    but another question is is this the only way can't we just install the wad then download each song we want from the music store through the wii

17. thc42O

Banned thc42O Banned

Canada
    no v2 downloads more songs.

I will be in the next few days packing ALL CONTENT to single song .wads and re-releasing them in this manner to relieve stress on nintendo update servers. Thank you and Enjoy.

18. sonny615

Newcomer sonny615 Advanced Member

Israel
    You cannot even begin to imagine how awesome that would be. [​IMG]

19. jhoff80

United States
    The only problem is, if it's WADs wouldn't people have to install them to the Wii and then move them to SD, rather than just putting everything on the SD like it is now? Though I suppose NAND emulation on cIOS rev14 might prevent that from being an issue.

20. crezwell

Member crezwell GBAtemp Regular

United Kingdom
    nvmd