Hacking RB2 Customs Method

How should you make them?

• PC app to make custom format, easy Wii installer

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Wii app to create, install from music on SD, asks for song name

• Wii preinstaller that puts files on SD, PC app that makes files, install with second wii app

• I don't like any of these >_>

• Total voters

icefireicefire

GBATemp Fails.
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
We need your help! Choose what sounds best to you. NOTE: OPTIONS VERY SUBJECT TO CHANGE, CHECK BACK OFTEN.

Yes, I am a bit involved in this, though I've never even played rockband Wii at all
tongue.gif

AerialX

Certified Sociopath
Trophies
Website
aaronlindsay.com
XP
Country
Canada
IMO this isn't debatable.

Part 1:
Option 1 because it's the only convenient way. You need a PC to put the files on the SD card anyway, so doing it on the Wii is redundant and unnecessary. Unless you plan on making some sort of Homebrew Browser style installer, but distributing the music for customs isn't exactly legal so
tongue.gif

Part 2:
Option 1 and 2 because:
2 is possible as long as you've installed the DLC with the app beforehand. A custom app is only needed if you add new DLC to the SD card. So it's the obvious "normal" method.
1 is needed regardless to install new DLC into the game.
You'll always need a custom launcher or patch IOS37 in place if you plan on using an SDHC card with RB2 (and we end up doing it), but that's obvious.

SFenton:
There are ways to do this without unlocking all DLC for people. And it's always going to be the SD method.

kytran

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
To be honest i would like to be able to select my own songs and play them instead of the DLC that is presently available.

just my taste in music can be abit different
tongue.gif

ExLex

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Come on guys!!!

Release the method, i vote for:

1 PC app to make custom format, easy Wii installer

Already had ark, songs files for convert
smile.gif

2 Load it via your own method, USB Loader, legit game, etc

Because i use a special cIOS (222, uLoader) for support rock band isntruments...

I CANT WAIT!!!

Fat Slaughter Ba

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
devriley.10gbfreehost.com
XP
Country
Canada
AerialX said:
IMO this isn't debatable.

Part 1:
Option 1 because it's the only convenient way. You need a PC to put the files on the SD card anyway, so doing it on the Wii is redundant and unnecessary. Unless you plan on making some sort of Homebrew Browser style installer, but distributing the music for customs isn't exactly legal so
tongue.gif

Part 2:
Option 1 and 2 because:
2 is possible as long as you've installed the DLC with the app beforehand. A custom app is only needed if you add new DLC to the SD card. So it's the obvious "normal" method.
1 is needed regardless to install new DLC into the game.
You'll always need a custom launcher or patch IOS37 in place if you plan on using an SDHC card with RB2 (and we end up doing it), but that's obvious.

SFenton:
There are ways to do this without unlocking all DLC for people. And it's always going to be the SD method.
Sounds good to me.
biggrin.gif
As long as we get customs working relatively easily in RB2, I'm good.
I voted for option 1 and option 2.
For a PC converter, would it just take your chart and music files and make the DLC files?

fldash

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Let me get this straight. You are trying to make it so whatever music you want you can put on RB2 for Wii? You'll simply have to build the 'track'. That's incredibly awesome. Too bad I own RB2 on PS3 and not Wii.
frown.gif

zapu

Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Just release the method, different installers/exporters/whatever will come shortly from different people (see usbloader and how many different versions came out). This is how opensource works
smile.gif

ExLex

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
zapu said:
Just release the method, different installers/exporters/whatever will come shortly from different people (see usbloader and how many different versions came out). This is how opensource works
smile.gif

Its true... im 100% with you man.

Remember 2 head think better that one
lecture.gif

tueidj

I R Expert
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Personally I don't see all the USB loaders as being a good thing. All they did was clog up the forum and cause confusion, thankfully they've been moved now.

IMO we have enough people working on it already. We haven't discussed making it open-source but I don't think it will be since we don't want to provide a method to pirate the original RB2 DLC tracks.

Alexrose

Untitled
Trophies
XP
Country
fldash said:
Let me get this straight. You are trying to make it so whatever music you want you can put on RB2 for Wii? You'll simply have to build the 'track'. That's incredibly awesome. Too bad I own RB2 on PS3 and not Wii.
frown.gif

Cause people haven't been doing that since guitar hero 2. Cough.

tueidj

I R Expert
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Vidboy10 said:
I think we should add the MP3 to our SD card and it generates it for RB2
We can't do that. It would be close to impossible to split an .mp3 into separate instruments (guitar, bass, vocals, drum tracks) and automatically generate note charts for those tracks for each difficulty.

Alexrose

Untitled
Trophies
XP
Country
So make the program convert it to ogg, change it to song.ogg and have the other as white noise for 1 second on audacity like gh customs?

I think that's a waste of time though, just stick it in bulk into erightsoft's SUPER.

However, I do think a nifty update would be to add an automatic midi -> .chart converter so I don't have to feed everything into feedback.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: yawn