Hacking RB 2 DLC Not saving to SD Card

MarsXTC

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I recently made a thread on RB 3 Giving me a black screen, and I fixed it but now whenever I DL DLC Off of RB2, it always says Saving to SD Card, it says completed but it NEVER WORKS. I have googled this up a couple of times but I am still confused. When I set it to run at 249 cios, it let me download them, and I believe it saves to the SD Card, but I cant play them due to the instruments not working, I dont even know if the songs work, So I go back to 222, and the instruments work but the songs that are on the sd card says IT IS OUTDATED,ETC, REDL. Any help?

Taleweaver

Storywriter
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Getting Rock Band 2 DLC to work on backups was never been easy. Especially with 'the instruments' thing as well (it's actually just USB instruments...guitar hero instruments work fine).

To get the instruments to work on USB, you need a cIOS with a base of 37. Hermes's cIOS (222 and/or 223...can't remember right now) has it, but some of Waninkoko's revisions can be used as well (my favorite used to be cIOS rev19 base IOS 37...but that was in combination with the now outdated rawksd 2.02). I have heard good reports on base IOS 56 as well, but I can't say whether it allows for both USB instruments and DLC.

The DLC thing...yeah, the 'outdated' message happens if you use the wrong IOS (or cIOS). Sorry, but it means you're not going to be able to use that ÂIOS.

I would say "use sneek"...but afaik that doesn't work with USB instruments.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/MddR6PTmGKg?si=mU2EO5hoE7XXSbSr