Razer is making a gamer toaster

cdNZLmNRaXJQP4os5mr82f-970-80.jpg

Apparently Razer is making a gaming toaster, finally granting their fans wishes and demands.
As many of you might remember, this all started off as a joke back in 2013. Three years later in April 1st 2016, a follow-up hoax video was released, which in turn made Razer fans build even more hype for such a thing.
Min-Liang Tin, the co-founder,CEO and creative director of Razer promised that if the Facebook page "Give us the Razer toaster" were to hit 1M likes, then it would be likely for Razer to develop this long sought-after toaster.
Seemingly, all of their fans efforts and patience is paying off in the end!
In his recent Facebook post, Min-Liang Tin states:
Alright - I didn't think these guys were going to make it - but they did. It was to hit 1M likes and with each Razer Toaster tattoo being equivalent to 100K likes each....and they now have 12 Razer Toaster tattoos.

Well....what can I say. I've just officially liked their page - and I'm going to put together my team of designers and engineers. It will take a few years - but I'll be sure to share the progress - and make it a community affair.

A Razer Toaster - For Razer Toaster Lovers. By Razer Toaster Lovers.

No further details about the toaster's size and other technical specifications have been revealed.

:arrow: Source

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
The real question is, will it have RGB? As we all know RGB makes your computer run faster, so logically it should toast your bread faster as well.
Also it would be cool if it had a tempered glass side panel so you can watch your toast toast, all the while it's being lit up by RGB glory.

Last edited by The Real Jdbye,

CORE

3:16
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Does it spread it for you with a spread of your choice at a high rate dpi.

They could offer them as addons you just need to supply your own bread etc.

Reactions: NoNAND

alivebacon

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
The real question is, will it have RGB? As we all know RGB makes your computer run faster, so logically it should toast your bread faster as well.
Also it would be cool if it had a tempered glass side panel so you can watch your toast toast, all the while it's being lit up by RGB glory.
The RGB will produce some extra heat so it might actually toast faster.

Reactions: NoNAND

Condemned87

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Why is razor thinking that a Toaster for a gamer needs leds? I hate "gamer-Things" with leds so much. Its like leds on gpus... Its damn ugly.

Reactions: guily6669

guily6669

GbaTemp is my Drug
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Damn to run so hot to toast bread that thing must have crazy CPU and maybe even the power of 4 RTX2080TI, I definitely want one :) (not really:shit:).
Why is razor thinking that a Toaster for a gamer needs leds? I hate "gamer-Things" with leds so much. Its like leds on gpus... Its damn ugly.
Same opinion here lol my Asus Strix RX480 first thing I did was just install the led controller app just tested some settings and turned all OFF right away and its always OFF since day one, thank god it gets flashed inside the GPU and even on the BIOS outside OS environment the LEDS = OFF, best feature :).

It only has a very small white led to indicate power is being feed.

And it got ridiculous that JayTwoCents from youtube fixed a PC and the problem was RGB SSD lol, with the leds ON the SSD was overheating and would lock everything up and the temps go from normal 20 something cº to above 60º right away after turning the RGB leds, according to him they put over 70 powerful leds inside such tiny space loool, the whole case had RGB everywhere and he still said there was more leds on the SSD alone than on the entire PC build including case lighting and RGB fans LOL.

Last edited by guily6669,
Reactions: Condemned87

Zonark

Zonark - Noun - A God
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
And just like that... Razer started making home appliances just like the Razer RXT Blender your using now Billy and why I own the entire Razer Kitchen line.

Enkuler

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
But that's actually part of the joke. All these "gamer" items with a fugly angular look and RGB LEDs everywhere and a black-and-red design (black-and-green for Razer) but no actual gaming-related feature*, that's what this "gamer toaster" is making fun of, so of course it has to have these pointless LEDs. It's meta marketing bullshit to make fun of marketing bullshit (which is still marketing bullshit so as DinohScene said, that remains a waste of money, but at least this time it's funny).

*and of course there are those other items that actually have gaming features but still try to win the contest of the item with the most pointless LEDs everywhere.

Reactions: Condemned87

guily6669

GbaTemp is my Drug
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I actually don't like Razer products... the only thing I like from them was their special edition of star wars keyboard with the oled keys or their smallest old laptop that they made where all keyboard keys each were a oled screen, but I wouldnt get any of them since they are too expensive for me...

I don't think I will ever upgrade my cool old Saitek Cyborg Keyboard either.

I have this keyboard:

It also doesn't have any annoying lights, I always use it with backlight off and the only light on is on the touch panel above the "lamp disabled symbol" in green color but dim and small. And when I activate the backlight which is rarely is only the whole keyboard in retro amber color at min brightness and I never activate the gaming mode as it light up more lights above on the touch panel and the activates the side extra macro keys lights, it also disables windows key and activate the different color areas, never used it...

And the one I have is German layout since they didnt make a PT version of it, had to swap 2 keys and most of the symbols if not all dont also match since in windows I still use PT layout on a German layout keyboard, but couldnt careless :).

Last edited by guily6669,
Reactions: Mythical

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Look at you holding tiny things