Status
Not open for further replies.

Rayman to be added to Brawlhalla's roster on November 6th

DmII4alW4AA11vr.jpg

Indie 2D party fighters have been becoming popular lately, especially with some of their rosters getting guest stars, much like how Rivals of Aether added Shovel Knight to its cast last month. Now, the free-to-play Brawlhalla has received its own new fighter in the form of Rayman. While it might seem like an odd choice at first glance, Ubisoft, who owns Rayman, purchased the developer of Brawlhalla, Blue Mammoth Games, in its entirety earlier this year. While this isn't tantamount to Rayman being in Smash Bros., you'll be able to duke it out as Ubisoft's platformer mascot character when he becomes available in Brawlhalla on November 6th. Brawlhalla is currently playable on the Nintendo Switch, Xbox One, PlayStation 4, and PC.

:arrow: Source: Twitter

Reactions: Deleted User
D

Deleted User

Am I the only person that doesn't want Rayman in Smash? Don't get me wrong, I like Rayman - Rayman 1 still stands as one of, if not my favorite games.
I just don't think he's an interesting character or that he'd have a fun moveset. Literally the only thing I'd like out of Rayman in Smash would be some professional remixes of Rayman 1's soundtrack.
Have you ever played Rayman 3? The 'combat fatigues' would have amazing potential in the game. The throttle copter, for instance, could easily fill in the role of an up-B.

rileysrjay

Connoisseur of all things Morshu
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Origins came out ages after the last 2D platform Rayman game. There's literally no way to top anything past Legend unless they bring serious money on the table. Something that Ubisoft will never do unless the bastard brother of the Rayman franchise (the rabbids) is involved. Be glad that these last two games came out at all XD
Considering that they have a working engine on all 3 major console platforms (switch, xbone, PS4), they could easily reuse a lot of the art assets and even some of the code for the physics/raymans moveset in the game. I doubt a sequel would be that expensive to make, Unless they decide to dump all that and start over (this wouldn't surprise me with Ubi at the helm). As for the rabbids, I personally really don't see them bundled back with Rayman again for a while. If Mario + rabbids did will enough, they might end up locked into a sequel for that.

Last edited by rileysrjay,
Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    10 tabs open on chrome and no slow downs suck it low ram plebs lol
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Firefox users be like "look at what they have to do to mimic a fraction of our power."
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    they be like which lite firefox exe pls
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Wut.
  • Maximumbeans @ Maximumbeans:
    GM all
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    butt
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    douche
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Touché.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Push it :creep:
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Talk about propaganda.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Illinois is working to ban toxic food additives that have been banned for decades in other countries; additives that can be replaced and all those countries still have Skittles and Mountain Dew. Title of the piece: GUBMINT WANTS TO TAKE AWAY YOUR CANDY
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Gee, I wonder if the author is biased?
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Veho, Sounds and smells like bullshit. They don't give you cancer, and California should know that. I don't get why they stick labels that say "may or may not cause reproductive harm or cancer".
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Arsenic doesn't give you cancer either.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    California has already banned those additives BTW.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Psi has been banned in the state of California.
    +1
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    I am the cancer!!! lol
    Yayyy got arcade games on the Pi working lol
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Cool.
    Now to spend 6 months deleting all the garbage lol
    Mame should be two sets one for preservation of everything and one set for people who just want to play and enjoy the old old ganes
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Mame should be two sets one for preservation of everything and one set for people who just want...