Rayman SNES prototype released to the public

image.jpeg

Last year, GBAtemp reported on the "lost" Rayman prototype, found by Michel Ancel, the creator of the Rayman series. Though screenshots had been shown, there was no mention if the prototype would ever be released. Months later, however, video game archiver Omar Cornut has dumped the prototype Super Nintendo cart, and uploaded it to the Internet, with Ancel's blessing. The game itself, as most betas are, is quite short, but it gives a window into the early production phase of a series that would later find its grounds on the PlayStation 1 and Sega Saturn.

Cornut commented on his preservation efforts, saying the following,
Effectively I have preserved the entire Sega 8-bit library this way, and i think people understand that the intent is preservation and not malicious nor commercially harming. That prototype it is a very early build,” said Cornut. “So the stuff like two-player mode that have been shown in screenshots are not really in this build. Perhaps the ROM contains secrets in which case homebrew hackers will hopefully unearth them soon.

:arrow: Source

S

Saiyan Lusitano

Just got done playing some of it, the game looks gorgeous but unfortunately not a whole lot to actually play. I found a way to go through the walls in reverse but other than that, nothing else.

At the end there's a yellow tube and think that's the end.

Come on Ubisoft, finish this. Nintendo/SNES gamers would love this to be a full game. :)

BlueFox gui

SOMEONE
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Just got done playing some of it, the game looks gorgeous but unfortunately not a whole lot to actually play. I found a way to go through the walls in reverse but other than that, nothing else.

Come on Ubisoft, finish this. Nintendo/SNES gamers would love this to be a full game. :)
if they do, i'm sure they would do some sort of remake to the new consoles

Reactions: Saiyan Lusitano
S

Saiyan Lusitano

Ubisoft is turning Rayman Legends into crap now as they're just re-releasing the same game rather than developing a new Rayman. THIS, this is what I'd love to play! :)

Reactions: BlueFox gui

smileyhead

I like cute stuff.
Trophies
Website
sites.google.com
XP
Country
Hungary

how about an HD re-release of Rayman 1, with this as an extra level, like the 2D levels in Rayman 3 for example?

Reactions: Saiyan Lusitano

Sonic Angel Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I always liked rayman 2 best, no offense. I appreciate the nice piece of history and legacy, but I just hated the first rayman game. Got a chance to try it on DSI, hated it. Then i went back to GBA, hated it. Went back to PSX, hated it, the music is good though. :)

Then they added rabbids. And I lost interest. Good bye good rayman games.

S

Saiyan Lusitano

how about an HD re-release of Rayman 1, with this as an extra level, like the 2D levels in Rayman 3 for example?
"Rayman Legacy Collection"

As much as I'd like to see this happen, what are the chances? It's Ubisoft but then again, Activision went the extra mile with Crash Bandicoot so anything is possible. :)

smileyhead

I like cute stuff.
Trophies
Website
sites.google.com
XP
Country
Hungary
yeah, if they release any new game, i hope it runs on my PC
xD
it'll probably run on the same engine as Origins and Legends (UbiArt, I think?) so if those run, a new installment will probably do so as well.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Then they added rabbids. And I lost interest. Good bye good rayman games.
have you played Origins and Legends yet? if not, do it.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    straferz @ straferz: Anybody know why this is happening to my ACWW town...