Rayman Raving Rabbids TV Party - Game play problem

Discussion in 'Wii - Hardware, Devices and Utilities' started by Miss Panda, Nov 26, 2008.

1. Miss Panda
    OP

Member Miss Panda GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United Kingdom
    Ok I finally got my Nintendo Wii today. As I have never used a Wii before
    I meticulously went through every activity on the Wii Sports cd. Then I did the Wii Play cd from start to finish.

Then I launched into Rayman Raving Rabbids TV Party.

I'm having massive problems with the 'Strictly come Idle game' When I do the over the head moves the green bar on the screen either doesn't register at all or displays a cross and the remote makes a noise.

I think I must be moving the remotes incorrectly, maybe my arms are dyslexic.
    But I've played it about fifteen times now. I also had a look at the Rabbids website and forum but I can't find any pointers anywhere.

Please help I really like this mini game.

My sensor bar is on top of my tv and positioned exactly as the nintendo manual says to.

2. Rammoth

Member Rammoth GBAtemp Fan

United States
    Don't worry, it's just you, not your remote [​IMG]

I had the same problem at first. My solution is as following:

The bar looks sorta like this:

|you| | |wave| |wave| |

The thing to get a perfect, is to time your move that the right 'wave' (the overhead movement) line matches the right line of your character. What I did in order to let the game register my movement is to give a quick flip towards the side you have to go. So just wave along with the character, but as soon as it reaches the side bar give an extra quick flip towards the side. It might take a bit to get the timing just right, but this is how I defeated all the scores [​IMG]

3. Miss Panda
    OP

United Kingdom
    Thank you for responding [​IMG]

When it beeps and the x appears does that mean it thinks you are doing the move wrong.

I've had another few goes since posting this thread and it seems really inconsistent eg the simple downwards motions with the hands (bilateral) I swear I have it in time then it will just x at me six times in a row.

And the overhead ones, do you wave it right over your head. I've tried it lower down but it doesn't seem to help.

And the ones were your hands go down to the ground and you sort of half squat it beeps or ignores me on everyone of those.

I wish there was a video of someone doing it so I can gauge it better

It is fun though and tiring (which is good [​IMG] )

4. Rammoth

United States
    It took me a while to get it right, so hang in there [​IMG]

Try to put a bit more force in the moves asked of you. If you listen to the beat you'll do it in time automatically. You'll have to get used to the system, I thought it was impossible at first, but once you get the hang of it, you'll see yourself getting great scores on them.

The beeps and x just mean they didn't register the correct move, so they either didn't catch anything at all, they registered something which wasn't meant to be performed that way or it was bad timing.

5. Miss Panda
    OP

United Kingdom
    Thank you that has helped me a lot. [​IMG] It is still temperamental but your advice has helped a lot. And I'm continuing to practice.
    Now..
    This flipping Pimp My Rabbid game

What the.... is this game just a joke by the devlopers? It is impossible to get a decent score on. And googling tells me I'm not alone most people seem to have just given up on it.

Anyone got the lowdown on what they consider cool, sexy etc?

6. Rammoth

United States
    No problem, and I love Pimp My Rabbid, even though it's senseless [​IMG]

I often get low scores there so I can't really help you. I just kept on repeating the thing until I guessed right once [​IMG]

7. Miss Panda
    OP

United Kingdom
    I think the developers are taking the pee with that one.
    I'm a bit rubbish on these games. I can't even do the race days one. My rabbid is always last. I think my arms are dyslexic.

8. Rammoth

United States
    lol, well the racing games are quite easy. I got them all on first try. Maybe it's just because you just got your wii and you need to figure out how to handle the new controls.

I did a quick search on google for you for the Pimp my Rabbid game, but no luck, so I guess you'll just have to keep on trying.

Games I'd recommend to get more used to the wii controls, besides Wii Sports, would be Wario Ware or Zack & Wiki. They both make great use of the wii controls and give you the opportunity to get more familair with these alternative controls [​IMG]

9. vegeta4ss

Member vegeta4ss GBAtemp Regular

United States
    on every rayman RR game there is always one or two mini games that are very difficult.

On the first rayman for wii there was one where you had to keep 4 doors closed to a bathroom that kept popping open. You had to do it twice, and the second time was insanely difficult.

I'm just glad to hear that it's not an issue in the rip, because I dont have time to play TV party at this moment and test my burn.