Hacking Rayman Raving Rabbids (the first one)

LightyKD

Future CEO of OUYA Inc.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
OK, to say the least I am VERY much fustrated with Rayman Raving Rabbids. I'm on a NTSC-U system running on Wii System Menu "3.3-1". My copy of the game is also NTSC-U, 1:1 copy. I tried burning it at auto and at 2x with no IOS patching and no luck and then today i burned at 2x and patched to IOS 249 and still no luck. All I get is the banner and after that, the screen goes black and the Wii remote turns off
frown.gif
Am I doing something wrong here?

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Check your cIOS, is it really a rev7 one? And check the quality of your burns, 2x is very slow. Do a pi/po scan on the disc and post the % result here.

Nelson9937955

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Verbatim DVD-R 100 pack on sale at office max for 24.99, or best buy 50 pack for 12.99. I use this media burning at 8x and never have problems and this and Taiyo Yuden brand is what people reccommend for Wii games. Make sure you are using good media. That 2x stuff is for the 90's. Thats not needed anymore but good media IS

ether2802

we have the techno...!!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
hughjass said:
To be honest I imagine you'll have more fun playing with the coasters then you will have if you get the game running.

TV Party is good if you have 3 friends around 7 and 15 years old, or just watch them playing, no need to play it your self...!!!
smile.gif

LightyKD

Future CEO of OUYA Inc.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well for all of you hating RRR It was one of the first games I purchased whe I got my first Wii back on launch day. Ive extracted the ISO from the coaster(s) with the second and third copies. It works well, Ive done it woth other coasters when i had a bad burn (Smackdown 2009 and Mario Kart which work fine now.) I could be my cIOS. I'm still using the one that originally came with Gamma. Could someone link me to the latest cIOS installer? That might help.

LightyKD

Future CEO of OUYA Inc.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ether2802 said:
signature....!!!
smile.gif

...Thanks for your help but the cIOS you provided didnt help to make the game work. I guess the final verdict is that it's safe to say Rayman Raving Rabbids 1, NTSC-U on a NTSC-U system, 1:1 does not work on the Gamma loader. *sigh* oh well... I missed that cow tossing minigame
frown.gif

pieman202

Trophies
XP
Country
LightyKD said:
ether2802 said:
signature....!!!
smile.gif

...Thanks for your help but the cIOS you provided didnt help to make the game work. I guess the final verdict is that it's safe to say Rayman Raving Rabbids 1, NTSC-U on a NTSC-U system, 1:1 does not work on the Gamma loader. *sigh* oh well... I missed that cow tossing minigame
frown.gif
that sounds wrong anyway wat happened to ur original copy?

LightyKD

Future CEO of OUYA Inc.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My original copy was traded in months ago (needed food). As for the copy I made the ISO from, that belongs to the neighborhood Hollywood Video store

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: I swallowed macaroni & cheese for dinner. :P +1