Rayman Origins Sequel Leaked Via Survey?

granville

GBAtemp Goat
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
8t8GU.jpg

According to an Arkenford marketing survey, a sequel to Rayman Origins has been announced. The survey included a slideshow video showing off several screenshots of the game in development (one of which is seen above). The game uses the same sort of high resolution hand drawn visuals as the first Rayman Origins. It is said to have a single player campaign and will again support up to four player drop-in/out multiplayer just like the original. This new Rayman game contains different level types than the original Origins. Levels take designs based on mythical elements such as Greek myths, castles, vampires, ghosts, dragons, etc.

I hesitate to even refer to this as a rumor, this seems like a pretty solid bit of confirmation. Screens were released showing off some impressive and professional looking art akin to that of the first game. It won't come as any surprise if this sequel is formally unveiled at the upcoming E3 in June or even before. Please check the link below for a couple more screenshots of the game. They are a little blurry due to coming from a video stream. This is all we know at this time, no announced platforms or release date obviously (though it's safe to assume the 360 and PS3 at least will get it).

icon11.gif
Source

Another World

Emulate the Planet!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
wiki.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Colombia
i have been loving the hell out of the first game. it is really fun, an extremely satisfying platforming experience. you knew there would have to be a sequel, this news is probably legit. i hope they can come in around the same $30 price point.

-another world

granville

GBAtemp Goat
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I had a ton of fun with the first game. Been playing it on PC lately and hope the sequel makes it there again. If this is true. I'm not even sure whether this should be called a rumor. That's some damn convincing fan art if it's a hoax lol! :P

I fully expect this to be true honestly. Last i heard, Origins DID manage to turn a profit for Ubisoft after a slow start. Knowing them, it will probably come out on every platform they can possibly manage to get it on (which is pretty much every single current console and handheld out there).

Another World

Emulate the Planet!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
wiki.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Colombia
i haven't really followed the sales of this game. i tend to think that the $30 price point really helped them out. i wasn't 100% sure i wanted it until i saw how cheap it was. at $30 it is worth every penny. its such a fun game with silly animations and really fun music/sounds.

i think back to games like SR3 and uncharted 3. both of which i paid $60-ish for and haven't felt like i got my moneys worth.

-another world

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i think back to games like SR3 and uncharted 3. both of which i paid $60-ish for and haven't felt like i got my moneys worth.

Yeah, this game dropped so much in price. I got it for $20 brand new a couple months ago. Maybe a month or two later I got Assassin's Creed: Revelations (which came out at around the same time) and paid $30 for it, and that was on sale.

But the game apparently turned a profit and that's what matters. I'll pre-order the new one and make sure to spend $60 on it, great games like this need to be supported.

spotanjo3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I hope that it will be out for Wii. My roommate enjoyed this game very much. I want him to enjoy Wii version for sequel as well. Anyway, I have PS3 version too. :)

purechaos996

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The first game was awesome, one of the best 2D Platformers out there, not to mention I do love the hand drawn art style and look of the game, if a sequel does come out, I'll pick it up for sure.

Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Time for all other 2D platformers to get their asses handed to them.

Again.
While I love Rayman Origins I can't say it has the same pull for me to finish like Sonic Generations and NSMB did. Technically its better but its still on my PC half finished and I don't have the urge to finish it. Doesn't have the "what's next" appeal. To be honest Limbo, Super Meat Boy & Braid are better.

Still it will age better than Rayman 2 & 3 which now I only see as "ok" games.

Gahars

Bakayaro Banzai
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I hope this is the Warrior Within of the Rayman franchise, except instead of smoldering rage and metal, we get more off the wall goofiness and disco.

I can't say I was expecting a sequel to Origins, so this is a pleasant surprise.

elgarta

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Looks like NSMB 2 will have some decent competition this time around. And based on my thoughts of NSMB & Rayman Origins, my money is on Rayman.

Now they need to bring back Mr. Dark! I heard that there was some story arc in the internal builds/beta that referred to him but it was cut out due to being confusing. I think it had somethin to do with The Magician pretending to be Mr. Dark since he idolized him or somehing o_o;

h8uthemost

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
you knew there would have to be a sequel
Actually I'm a bit (pleasantly)surprised by this news as I believe it was the March's issue of NP that Origins dev made it sound like there was absolutely no plans for a sequel, but that the idea wasn't entirely ruled out. So I thought if we did hear news of one that it wouldn't be for a while.

So like i said, a very pleasant surprise. The first one is pretty damn close to a platforming masterpiece. Can't wait for another...

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Time for all other 2D platformers to get their asses handed to them.

Again.
While I love Rayman Origins I can't say it has the same pull for me to finish like Sonic Generations and NSMB did. Technically its better but its still on my PC half finished and I don't have the urge to finish it. Doesn't have the "what's next" appeal. To be honest Limbo, Super Meat Boy & Braid are better.

I really suggest you finish it, it gets quite challenging at the end and reaches Super Meat Boy levels of difficulty with Land of the Livid Dead and some of the Tricky Chest levels.

I just thought the game was done perfectly. Difficulty ramps perfectly, controls work perfectly, art looks perfect, music (well, this is a bit repetitive at times) is still good, and the level designs are perfect.

granville

GBAtemp Goat
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Little update that is 99% likely related. Ubisoft registered the following domains- "RaymanLegends.com" and "Rayman-Legends.com". I'm going to go out on a limb and say this game is all but directly confirmed. And it looks like we've got our probable title for the sequel, the title seems to fit with the concept they're following with mythical elements.
http://gonintendo.com/?mode=viewstory&id=176258

I fully expect this to be at E3. Or at least revealed very soon. I don't even consider this remotely a rumor anymore.

FireGrey

Undercover Admin
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
> Looks at title
> Expects Guild to post in it
> Sees first reply
> :creep:

I will pass on this like I pass on every rayman, I have had a bad experience with it (The math game for PS1 gave me nightmares).

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy: Can't wait for season 2