granville

GBAtemp Goat
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
12147.jpg
In a not-surprising turn of events, the 2D prequel sidescroller Rayman Origins has been confirmed to be in development for both the Nintendo 3DS and Playstation Vita. This shouldn't come as much of a surprise. Ubisoft had hinted on their blog that they wanted to release the game on many different systems. A french reporter at E3 probed a Ubisoft rep at the Rayman Origins booth and managed to confirm the portable release. Wii was already confirmed, which tipped people off that the game didn't require HD power to run. The game has of course been upgraded to a fully fledged retail release from a downloadable episodic game, which probably contributed to their ability to port it to systems like Wii and 3DS. No screenshots or footage is yet available for this game on either 3DS or Vita. Vita will likely look very much the same as the PS3 and 360 version due to the power and high res display. Hopefully, 3DS will receive a faithful port, the only difference being resolution (the 3D effect should create a sense of depth in the layers of 2D). The game is expected to release on the HD consoles sometime late this year. This will likely be the date for the handheld and Wii versions as well. [/p]
icon11.gif
Source

granville

GBAtemp Goat
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm not complaining, more games the merrier for all systems. If the game is the same on 3DS, i'll get it on that system probably. The game will look great with the depth 3D provides. Might get it on PC if available though.

Besides, we all know Ubisoft likes to port the Rayman series to as many systems as possible, it's traditional starting all the way back with the original in 1995. Not going to change and i don't mind it that way.

cosmiccow

Original Hippie
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I'm really glad it comes on 3DS as well. A classic 2D platformer (movement plane) in 3D (graphics), with beautiful art (the little glimpses previously released) => Please take my money!

They just need to make sure the 3D is flawless.
Rabbids 3D has several instances where elements of different depth have wrong overlaps. If they get this right this time, I'll get the 3DS version. Else I have to decide between Wii and PS3 :}

shakirmoledina

Legend
Trophies
Website
vfootball.co.nf
XP
Country
Tanzania
considering the fact tht psp games that were good were fewer compared to ds games (afaik) then i think i cannot trust psvita atm but maybe after a few months of announcements and so on, i will get it. Ofcourse the bigger factor would be which is hacked first and imo, good graphics are amazing and probably better than 3d but the 3ds is already out and is inching towards being hacked.
rayman is just one game, expectations can be made for many games tht become cross platform. its not really clear but i think the quality will change but the game as a whole in terms of graphics will be the same. unless we see something like psp and ds versions of chinatown wars.
only time will tell whether games are more fun and good looking on the 3ds or psvita. i go for the latter.

KingVamp

Haaah-hahahaha!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
MakiManPR said:
Hopefully will come for the WiiU too
I have a Wii, 3DS and PS3 for which system should I get it?
Having it on the go sounds good. I say 3DS.

Unless they do what Sega did with Sonic Colors (making it different,yet have the same name) or more contents on consoles.

granville

GBAtemp Goat
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
KingVamp said:
So now it has two Rayman for 3DS... I'll get both eventually.
I think it's fair to warn you that Rayman 3D, the other Rayman game on 3DS, is a lazy port of the Dreamcast version of Rayman 2. Lazy meaning that despite being a very old Dreamcast game, they managed to downgrade the visuals by removing the dynamic lighting and making the framerate stutter like crazy. It's still a good game, but the only things going for it are 3D and portability. There are superior versions of Rayman 2, specifically on Dreamcast and PS2. I'd recommend you track down either of those versions instead. The upside is that during gameplay, the 3D effect really works and works very well. But the port was lazy and rushed to coincide with launch.

granville

GBAtemp Goat
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The switch to retail release is most likely what made it possible to port the game to Wii and possibly 3DS. They no longer had limits on file size with the Nintendo download services.

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
heartgold said:
Guys you reckon the game will get a nice graphics makeover or a lazy port?

I'm probably guessing graphics will be similar to between BlazBlue on a console to BlazBlue on the PSP (and recently the 3DS one) for the 3DS. The Vita version will probably be equal to the console versions.

If it's the same game as the console versions I'd just pick up the Vita version for myself.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/WOppJ92RgGU?si=KE79L6A_3jESsGQM