Rayman Origins 3DS coming out on June 5

• Thread starter Deleted_171835
  • Start date
  • Views 4,106
  • Replies 44
D

Deleted_171835

OP

According to Ubisoft, Rayman Origins is coming out on June 5, 2012 in retailers and in the eShop. The exact statement from Ubisoft's press-release is, "The full version of the game will be available at retailers and online on June 5, 2012.".

http://www.nintendow....com/news/30185

I played the port and it's not bad. The small screen does hinder it a bit and the lowered framerate is a tad annoying coming from the other versions but otherwise it's a good port. I'll get it on the eShop.

DJPlace

going hire Ronald McDonald To Gun Down Nintendo.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
nice about damn time for a full 3ds game to be on the eshop... does it have mutil cart play?

MelodieOctavia

Just your friendly neighborhood Transbian.
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
yourmom.com
XP
Country
Djibouti
Played the demo. I don't think that the 3DS can show the amount of detail the devs want to convey. You can see all the detail they TRIED to squeeze into the 3DS version, but it all ends up being a blurry mess.

Reactions: 1 person

heartgold

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
E-shop it is then.

On a side note, doesn't this beat NSMB 2 to the punch as it was meant to be the first game to do the retail and digital release simultaneously...

BrightNeko

Popcorn ball
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
oh cool I was thinking earlier that I would refer to buy it on the eshop and have it in my pocket and here we are :) guess this will be the first retail game to hit there

ShadowSoldier

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Played the demo. I don't think that the 3DS can show the amount of detail the devs want to convey. You can see all the detail they TRIED to squeeze into the 3DS version, but it all ends up being a blurry mess.

Which is why they should have remade it. Keep the same art style because obviously the 3DS can handle it. But zoom in just a little bit. We don't need to see constant background borders all around the screen. Also, fix the controls because they're slippery as shit.

Gahars

Bakayaro Banzai
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you have a console (or a Vita), then this isn't the version to buy. Those systems would likely do better justice to the fantastic level of detail behind the game (plus, copies are pretty cheap now). If the 3DS is your only option, though, still go for it.

Seriously, Rayman Origins is a great game all around, and one that really shouldn't be missed.

Reactions: 2 people

frogboy

lacking both style and grace
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sweet, the first downloadable cart game. I can imagine the pranks I could pull... letting my friends play the game and then taking out whatever cart happens to be in the slot :P

Fudge

Remember that death is not the end, but only a tra
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States

SpaceJump

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Do your self a favor and don't buy this lazy Ubi job. It looks washed out, 3D is laughable and so is the frame rate. If you need a portable version, then get the Vita version.

Reactions: 2 people

DiscostewSM

Trophies
Website
lazerlight.x10.mx
XP
Country
United States
Looked at the video again. Is there actual slow down in the demo? It looks like it in the video, but then again, the video looks to be having problems of its own not actually related to the game (like desynced audio). Not exactly a great way to demonstrate the demo if those problems don't actually exist.

Eerpow

*swoosh*
Trophies
XP
Country
They used 4x AA and that's their problem. Everything is Anti Aliased and on top of that a camera that zooms in and out while playing would've done miracles to this game.
I think Ubisoft got one of their shovelware devisions to do a direct port with the only difference being that a shit ton of AA was used. The 3DS supports milder AA settings that would've made the image more crisp. The game was already in 3D so the porting team didn't even have to implement that.

Other than that there is the awful input delay, compressed music and the bad color contrast that makes the colors look washed out. Go play Mighty Switch Force or something and see the color difference, Rayman looks horrible compared to that.
Sure it's still a demo and like what happened with RE:R a lot of things can change. Like music and sound and texture compression for example.

If anyone is interested in what a 2D game like this has the potential to be like I highly suggest checking out some Muramasa MPO's.
It is possible to have 2D platformers with high detail and color on that small screen but I guess Ubisoft didn't take their time to make it happen.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Wish I could use that for video editing lol