Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
gallery_177066_262_50199.jpg

News of Rayman Origins sequel Rayman Legends being exclusive to Nintendo's upcoming console, the Wii U, came as a surprise to many. However, that many not be the case, according to Ubisoft senior game manager Michael Micholic.

In his interview with Joystiq, Micholic said, ""Well we're not really saying it's a Wii U exclusive, although right now all we're showing is the Wii U [version]."

He went on to say "We're looking at a lot of different launch options so we'll keep you guys updated as soon as we know for sure, but right now we're just talking about the Wii U."

The game was demoed at E3 this year exclusively for the Wii U, showing some exclusive features with the Wii U's touchscreen, such as the ability to control a fifth party member in co-op.

No official release date has been announced, but the game is slated for approximately this November.

:arrow: Source

Clarky

Don't you know who I think I am?
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
would seem daft for Ubi to keep it as an exclusive, my guess is it could be a timed exclusive

jalaneme

Female Gamer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
typical ubisoft, that's why i don't touch their games.

What's typical, going multiplat? I don't see how that hurts honestly. It gathers more sales, pleases the Origins fanbase as a whole, and the Wii U still keeps some sort of exclusivity in terms of content.

it's the same kind of practice that capcom do, they whored out resident evil 4 till it imploded, it was originally a gamecube exclusive and you know the rest.

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
it's the same kind of practice that capcom do, they whored out resident evil 4 till it imploded, it was originally a gamecube exclusive and you know the rest.

...How is Rayman Legends whored out when it's not even released?

RE4 is "whored out" because it got a port to the PS2 and a XBLA/PSN HD touch up. SOMEONE CALL THE PIMP BECAUSE THIS WHORE NEEDS TO FIND HER PLACE.

Reactions: 1 person

Clydefrosch

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
It was also released as a terrible pc game and a great wii game. Then a halfassed ios game

Chances are, itll come to the 3ds too

Clydefrosch

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
It was also released as a terrible pc game and a great wii game. Then a halfassed ios game

Chances are, itll come to the 3ds too

Now, this stuff keeps happening to exclusives. Thing is, dont pretend its exclusive if you know it wont be forever.
so, heads up to ubi for being honest

Gahars

Bakayaro Banzai
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How is this in any way, shape, or form a bad thing? Ubisoft gets more money and more people are given the opportunity to play the game; it's a win-win.

Reactions: 2 people

VMM

Hamon > Stand
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
There was no reason to keep it a WiiU exclusive!
I still don't understand why people are so mad about this!

It's like @Gahars said, it's a win-win
We will receive this game on PS3 and X360 and maybe on PSV and 3DS

D

Deleted_171835

Translation: We'll wait to see how it sells on the Wii U before deciding on releasing it for other platforms.

Clydefrosch

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
there is no bad thing in this, for ubisoft.

its kinda a bad thing for our beloved nintendo though. exclusive titles are the sole reason to buy any one console. and 3rd party exclusives are especially interesting there

machomuu

Drops by occasionally
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Sup