Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
http://venturebeat.c...ames-interview/

As confirmed in the interview above, the only platform you can play the next Rayman title on is Wii U.

We then have Rayman Legends, which is a Wii U exclusive title on the Rayman brand.

The title will be playable for up to 5 players who can control with the standard Wii U gamepad, Pro Controller as well as the Wiimote.

Ubisoft are going all out with the Wii U, Wii U exclusive ZombiU (previously was Killer Freaks From Outerspace but then turned into that), as well as Ghost Recon, Assasin's Creed III, some Rabbids title and lol Avengers...which was shown in none gameplay form. Makes the change from them doing ports of older titles & in this day and age its unusual for a large publisher to stick to one format for a game but then Ubisoft has done this with the excellent Red Steel 2.

E3 footage of Rayman Legends can be found here:
http://uk.ign.com/ar...gends-announced

DigitalDeviant

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Wii U exclusive huh? I don't know, I generally like games to be on as many platforms as possible but hey this'll be good for NIntendo.

edit: I wonder if it'll stay an exclusive for long, RE:4 was a GC exclusive...for a while.

luke_c

Big Boss
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
I'm sure they will say that's a misquote, Ubi have been going on about the Wii U 'exclusive features' for a while, if Wii U was the only platform then there wouldn't be any exclusivity regarding features.

Zarcon

.:~Enigmatic Wanderer~:.
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I'm sure they will say that's a misquote, Ubi have been going on about the Wii U 'exclusive features' for a while, if Wii U was the only platform then there wouldn't be any exclusivity regarding features.
With the gameplay shown I can't imagine it not being exclusive.
...until they port it to the 360 utilizing SmartGlass or something.

luke_c

Big Boss
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
If they want the game to do well it would be stupid releasing it just for the Wii U, Origins sales didn't live up to expectations and wasn't as profitable as Ubisoft would of liked. Releasing this on just the Wii U would be rather silly if you ask me.

EDIT: I was under the impression that the 'Murphy' character which used the touchscreen was just a Wii U exclusive feature.

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Or just cut the touchscreen multiplayer function. The entire single player will probably play like Rayman Origins.

heartgold

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
If they want the game to do well it would be stupid releasing it just for the Wii U, Origins sales didn't live up to expectations and wasn't as profitable as Ubisoft would of liked. Releasing this on just the Wii U would be rather silly if you ask me.
Unless Nintendo money hatted them. ;)

Gahars

Bakayaro Banzai
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I find it funny that Rayman Origins, a game that came out for pretty much everything, is getting a sequel for one console only.

Come on, Ubisoft, show us some love here!

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
At least give us a Vita version of Rayman Legends since it can do everything the Wii U version can.

Plus the Wii U features they showed seemed pretty crap honestly. Playing as Murphy sounds like the worst thing in the world. You don't even platform, you just make sure the actual players get coins or whatever magical collectible they have.

Plus the presence of (what I thought was) 3D graphics disturbed me.

machomuu

Drops by occasionally
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Plus the presence of (what I thought was) 3D graphics disturbed me.
Looking at it again, I'm pretty sure the graphics aren't 3D, though they do well to blur the dimensions:
gallery_196577_1172_17853.jpg

gallery_196577_1172_15363.jpg
Though I'm not sure about Rayman...he might be 2.5D

D

Deleted_171835

Wii U exclusive? That's suprising.

I would have hoped for a PC release but eh, whatever. This will be nice for when I eventually get a Wii U.

Achilles

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
This has got to be a misquote. Think about it this way, how on earth would you play the game they showed single-player? When playing single-player (or on a different console) Murfy must be controlled automatically. Otherwise you'd never be able to play as Rayman, because you sure as hell wouldn't be able to control both of them at the same time.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: The cybertruck is a death trap.