Rayman Legends has 30 extra levels and extra bosses

ShadowSoldier

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Rayman Legends was supposed to be released in February. It's a beautiful game that people were upset that got delayed again as it was supposed to be released as a launch title for the WiiU. Some people even bought the console alone just to play the game.

With 2 weeks to go until launch in February, Ubisoft announced it would be delayed until September so the PS3 and 360 versions would be made. Which... is dumb as they handled it all wrong but whatever..

So Michael Ancel, one of the developers of the game, said that with this delay, 30 new levels and extra bosses have been added to the game.

Micholic said: "Trust me, the things we are adding aren't minor. We're not talking about adding some polish here and there, but 30 new levels and several new bosses."
See?

There's going to be a challenge type demo released for the WiiU soon offering challenges, leaderboards and all that as a token of apology.
*still fuck you microsoft*

Source

Reactions: Ergo and geoflcl

Qtis

Grey Knight Inquisitor
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
*still fuck you microsoft*

Pff.. Has this even been confirmed anywhere? It could just as well be Ubisoft's own decision to make all the platforms get the game at the same time.

New content is great for those waiting for the game. Better more content for free a bit later than pay extra for it as DLC.

Reactions: jowan

Gahars

Bakayaro Banzai
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So they're tampering with the original vision for the game now? BETRAYAL!

Christ, Ubisoft, that does it. You're worse than Hitler once again!

SonEA>EA>Mafioso Hitler>Sony>The Mafia>Ubisoft>Hitler>Long lines for the bathroom

Reactions: Satangel

Taleweaver

Storywriter
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Meh. It's easy to claim "30 levels and bosses extra"...did anyone even knew how many levels there ware planned to begin with?

Yeah, yeah...I believe them when they say they aren't doing minor things. But it's not going to convince me to rethink my boycott.

Besides...as was mentioned back then, the game will be released alongside quite a few other AAA-games (GTA V, to name the largest one). They can add levels until their heads explode...it ain't going to draw more attention.

Pff.. Has this even been confirmed anywhere? It could just as well be Ubisoft's own decision to make all the platforms get the game at the same time.
True. It could just as well be ubisoft themselves screwing their entire wiiU audience...and themselves for the effort for prepping the demo...for NO REASON WHATSOEVER.

...or it could be the most likely option. Which just happens to be that microsoft might just use their clausule to deny releasing a game that has been released on another platform previously. :rolleyes:

Reactions: Thomas83Lin

Wintrale

Trophies
XP
Country
Eh, it's not really their fault (blame Microsoft and their stupid policies) so adding 30 new levels is nice. I mean, Origins had 66 levels so we can probably expect at least 100 for Legends and that isn't too shabby at all. I was never going to get the game and I'm still not but this isn't a bad gesture as far as things are concerned. They only delayed a game, after all, and publishers do that all the time without adding content to the game in question.

Taleweaver

Storywriter
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
...So now you're claiming Ubisoft is lying about this? Stay classy GBAtemp, I guess.
So...you have an official source of the amount of levels, then?

But really: no. I do not accuse them of straight out lying. As I said, I really think they're doing some hard work to compensate for the delay. But my point is that it's something they brought onto themselves. There will be more competition on release, so pleasing the reviewers of the game will be a lot more important. And think about the levels where you have to play as Murphy. Without a second screen, that obviously won't work. How many of those levels were planned? Hard to say. But my guess is that cutting these out will leave the xbox and PS versions short...so they add extra levels to compensate for that.

Is that a lie? No. Perhaps the "we're doing it for the fans!", but that's not exactly wrong either (after all, those are the customers). It's just about getting the game to sell. At least they're recognizing that the sudden delay caused a backlash, which is more than some other companies seem to notice. :unsure:

ShadowSoldier

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
What makes me laugh about the Ubihate is that Ubisoft have provided good support for the doomed Wii U.

They still are, hell even Assassin's Creed IV and Watch Dogs are coming to the WiiU.
So...you have an official source of the amount of levels, then?

But really: no. I do not accuse them of straight out lying. As I said, I really think they're doing some hard work to compensate for the delay. But my point is that it's something they brought onto themselves. There will be more competition on release, so pleasing the reviewers of the game will be a lot more important. And think about the levels where you have to play as Murphy. Without a second screen, that obviously won't work. How many of those levels were planned? Hard to say. But my guess is that cutting these out will leave the xbox and PS versions short...so they add extra levels to compensate for that.

Is that a lie? No. Perhaps the "we're doing it for the fans!", but that's not exactly wrong either (after all, those are the customers). It's just about getting the game to sell. At least they're recognizing that the sudden delay caused a backlash, which is more than some other companies seem to notice. :unsure:

So the developers who are trying to compensate for the delay and are the ones suffering the most, you're not going to buy the game which in turn hurts them because you're still butthurt about it and can't accept the fact that there are extra levels being made? Wow. How mature of you.

D

Deleted_171835

>Rayman Legends is getting 30 new levels thanks to the delay.
I want to play it now, I don't care about no 30 levels. Why you hate Wii U?

>We're bringing Watch Dogs, Assassins Creed IV, Splinter Cell, Rainbow Six Patriots and Rayman Legends to the system.
Yeah...well...uh, fuck you Ubisoft. LIBERATE RAYMAN!

Taleweaver

Storywriter
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
So the developers who are trying to compensate for the delay and are the ones suffering the most, you're not going to buy the game which in turn hurts them because you're still butthurt about it and can't accept the fact that there are extra levels being made? Wow. How mature of you.
Lemme put it in another way...

You go to the bakery and buy a bread. However, when you get home, you find that the bag is empty. When you return, the baker tells you about the many woes he had with his bread making machine. He really wanted to make you the best bread ever, but it's the machine. Heck...in order for your compensation, he'll make a BETTER bread for you.

Take the above as you like. I, however, see all sorts of compensation as "I didn't ask for this", so I don't feel gullible or immature for not wanting it. Likewise, I can understand the reasoning of the error and all that jazz, but it's HIS problem. Likewise on ubisoft...the developers may very well be wanting the best for their customers, but they've still got an internal machine (the ones choosing to delay). It's their problem...not mine.

I can certainly accept the fact that there are extra levels being made. Go ahead and enjoy them. I'd rather had it released when it was finished, and no amount of extra levels is going to change that. And while I'm certainly butthurt about it, I don't see anything wrong with my maturity if I consciously choose not to buy a game that I would like, on account of their internal politics.

Reactions: Thomas83Lin

ShadowSoldier

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada

You go to the bakery and buy a bread. However, when you get home, you find that the bag is empty. When you return, the baker tells you about the many woes he had with his bread making machine. He really wanted to make you the best bread ever, but it's the machine. Heck...in order for your compensation, he'll make a BETTER bread for you.

Take the above as you like. I, however, see all sorts of compensation as "I didn't ask for this", so I don't feel gullible or immature for not wanting it. Likewise, I can understand the reasoning of the error and all that jazz, but it's HIS problem. Likewise on ubisoft...the developers may very well be wanting the best for their customers, but they've still got an internal machine (the ones choosing to delay). It's their problem...not mine.

I can certainly accept the fact that there are extra levels being made. Go ahead and enjoy them. I'd rather had it released when it was finished, and no amount of extra levels is going to change that. And while I'm certainly butthurt about it, I don't see anything wrong with my maturity if I consciously choose not to buy a game that I would like, on account of their internal politics.

That analogy doesn't work. You're still being incredibly dumb and immature.

geoflcl

Permanent GBAtemp Newbie
Trophies
Website
loganderb.in
XP
Country
United States

Oh, phooey. :P Please pardon me for saying this, but when you put it that way, it just makes it seem like you're being stubborn, honestly. :P

It's perfectly understandable for the development team to want to compensate those who've been shafted by a decision that was out of their control. They mean well, and it won't affect the game in a negative manner, so why have qualms? :)

Reactions: Rydian

AceWarhead

"Must Construct Additional Pylons"
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

This doesn't work. In that scenario, you paid for the bread already. You haven't paid anything with Rayman Legends.

Reactions: gamefan5 and Rydian

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
Trophies
Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
God, GBAtemp is the home for awful, shitty analogies.

It's like going to a bakery and ordering a croissant, but instead getting a punch in the mouth.
Part of it stems from people assuming that if they decide to play a game once it's announced, the company has some sort of contract with them. They don't understand that until you actually go do business with a company there is nothing between you and that company.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @AncientBoi, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z9p0iK877W4