OP
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United Kingdom
raymanvita.jpg

Today, Ubisoft announces Rayman fans will be able to enjoy Rayman Legends on Playstation Vita. Rayman Legends on Vita will be released alongside the console versions on August 29th in EMEA territories (August 30th in the United Kingdom).

Rayman Legends on Vita includes all of the original Rayman Legends content, as well as five exclusive maps playable with Murphy, the greenbottle fly seen in previous Rayman games, controlled through the Rear TouchPad. A multiplayer mode is locally accessible on Wi-Fi and fans from the same country can play in cooperation.Players can also compete with one another in the online challenges and compare rankings in the online leaderboards.

In addition to the five Vita-specific maps, two exclusive costumes were created by the Ubisoft Montpellier team. Fans will have the opportunity to dress Rayman in a costume from Prince of Persia, the legendary hero of Ubisoft popular franchise, while Globox can be dressed in a costume from the famous spy series, Splinter Cell.

Rayman Legends will also be available on the PlayStation®3 computer entertainment system, the Xbox 360® video game and entertainment system from Microsoft, and Nintendo Wii U™ at the same time, on August 29thin EMEA territories (August 30th in the United Kingdom).

Rayman Legends retains the fantasy appeal of its predecessor while adding a multitude of clever and entertaining gaming modes, new characters, new environments and a new soundtrack. The award-winning team of artists, designers and composers from Origins has also returned with an advanced UbiArt engine to include multi-dimension gameplay elements, an improved lighting system and updated game rendering that elevate Rayman’s graphics to the next level.

Source (Spanish)

To be honest I knew about this a few weeks ago so it was a badly hidden secret. I'll certainly be picking this version up cause of the Vita's lovely Dpad and playing 2D gaems on the Vita is fantastic because of the sexy screen.

Reactions: chavosaur

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
I had a feeling this might happen since Origins is hitting European PSPlus in two days time - they're probably building on-top of the audience Rayman already has in preparation for the release. If people will like Origins (which the subscribers can play for free), they're going to love Legends.

I personally can't wait - I was pretty saddened by the fact that it was originally announced as a Wii U exclusive. The PSVita has both a touchscreen and a touchpad - the movable platforms can easily be handled on the system.

Oh, and inb4AnotherDelayDueToPorting, anyone? :D

Qtis

Grey Knight Inquisitor
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
How did I not see this coming? Oh yeah, it must have been this thread..

Personally I've yet to play Origins (I do have it for the PS3), but considering the amount of love the previous titles (Origins) has received, I'm betting I'll buy it.

Prior22

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
More ports? Awesome. If Sony were truly committed to the Vita they would develop more franchises exclusively for their handheld. Yeah it's nice getting Sly Cooper, and other big name franchises on Vita. But if Sony were to develop a few critically acclaimed series which were Vita exclusive, like Nintendo did with Mario & Luigi and Advance Wars, that would go a long way to a solid Vita sale increase.

Mind you I realize Sony and Ubisoft aren't connected at all, so referencing first party titles might not be relevant in this thread. I just know that titles being ported to all systems, as well as cross play titles, won't be enough to prop up the Vita.

gamefan5

Kid Icarus Uprising connoiseur
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Don't worry, it's Ubisoft. It'll come to everything and the N-Gage.
And Ouya, don't forget Ouya. XD

Well, Rayman Origins was on everything and the kitchen sink, so this isn't really all the surprising. That whole "Wii U exclusive" routine is looking funnier and funnier in hindsight, huh?

dis gon b gud.jifbrandpeanutbutter
Still laughing at this everytime! :rofl2:
raymanexclusive.png

Reactions: kehkou and Gahars

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    S @ salazarcosplay: @AncientBoi I am really sorry for your loss +3