granville

GBAtemp Goat
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ray2.png
News was posted recently that a new rating had been filed at the ESRB and other rating boards across the world- Rayman 3D. Obviously this meant some sort of Rayman game on the 3DS, but just what this meant was unknown. Now we have confirmation that Rayman 3D is actually a port of the original Rayman 2 The Great Escape. Rayman 2 has already received many ports to many systems, even the iPhone. It was even an early game released for Nintendo DS, though the DS port was of the N64 game and considered the worst version of the game due to a horrible framerate, laggy and unresponsive controls, blocky graphics, and very glitchy buggy gameplay.

It was speculated that Rayman 3D might have been a Rayman 3 or Rayman Origins port. It would appear all guesses were pretty wrong though. This particular version has not been formally unveiled yet. So it is unknown what version the game is ported from yet. The N64 and Dreamcast versions were the original ones. Revolution contained new levels and some slightly redesigned levels and enhanced graphics. And the PS1 version contained downgraded and downscaled level designs. Hopefully the port is based either off the Dreamcast or PS2 versions as those contain higher resolution textures, higher polygon 3D models, and superior lighting effects.

Rayman 3D is among the games listed to release before E3. So it's fair to say the game will come out before June. No exact release date though. Please note that the images posted in the source below have been concluded to be photoshops. They are not an indication of how the game will look, so ignore them. [/p]
icon11.gif
Source 2
icon11.gif
Source 2

DryYoshi

Love child of Dry Bones and Yoshi
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I think it's stupid that it's a remake of Rayman 2.
They should have remade 3 (Hoodlum Havoc), because 2 is already for the DS.
EDIT: Just read through it a bit, and it says that "the DS was ported from the N64 version which is considered the worst version of them all".
So I guess they are just re-trying it on the 3DS.

Kwartel

The fairest in all the land
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Ooh the nostalgia! One of my first games I played through! (Maybe the first!
ohmy.gif
) God I see the pics and I get all glad again! GOD I HATED THOSE PIRATES! (I guess I was 8 or so..)

granville

GBAtemp Goat
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
DryYoshi said:
I think it's stupid that it's a remake of Rayman 2.
They should have remade 3 (Hoodlum Havoc), because 2 is already for the DS.
While i agree that Rayman 2 is milked and Rayman 3 should be done, you shouldn't use the DS version as a reason. The DS version is horrible in every way except the sound. It's a glitchy mess, lag is everywhere with a constant unstable framerate, and the controls are delayed beyond belief. It's a grueling experience to play due to all the problems. For a game that requires precise platforming and later on in the game, flying controls, having laggy and unresponsive controls is unacceptable. Don't even bring the DS version up as a decent alternative. It's by far considered the worst version of the game. Abysmal.

Master Mo

F.R.E.E.
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Even though I LOVE Rayman 2 I much rather see a port of Rayman 3 or dare I say it... a new 3D-Rayman-Game!!!

Ubi is just lazy with their quantity over quality principle when System launch.

Oh, and what`s going on with these sceens? 4:3? I thought the 3DSs upper screen was a widescreen (!) and somehow these screens look like pictures of Rayman 2 with Rayman photoshoped in... very strange!

S

solarsaturn9

That is because those screenshots are of a different console version of Rayman 2. Don't believe everything you read on the internet. Check the sources. One has the wonky screenshots that are obviously not 3DS screenshots and the other source says the game to be released is Rayman 3D Rabbids Travel Time or something like that...

Seriously guys? Get your facts straight and use your brain.

granville

GBAtemp Goat
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Master Mo said:
Even though I LOVE Rayman 2 I much rather see a port of Rayman 3 or dare I say it... a new 3D-Rayman-Game!!!

Ubi is just lazy with their quantity over quality principle when System launch.

Oh, and what`s going on with these sceens? 4:3? I thought the 3DSs upper screen was a widescreen (!) and somehow these screens look like pictures of Rayman 2 with Rayman photoshoped in... very strange!
You're actually quite right about the weird screens... They are probably shops. Not the first time Ubi Soft has done it. The screenshots they used for the back of Rayman DS were taken from the PC version IIRC, despite the game being a lot different graphically from the PC one. Ubisoft can be quite tricky.
glare.gif

Ergo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Rayman 2 is a much, much better game than Rayman 3 and is, to date, teh best game in the series by some distance. Yeah, it's a re-tread, but damn if it isn't, still, one of the best 3D platformers ever.

granville

GBAtemp Goat
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I changed the wording of the top post after analyzing the images. Clearly not 3DS screens, so i indicated as much. When we get some real screens, they will be in 400x240 resolution and have a 16:9 aspect ratio. We're not sure which version of the game it's ported from yet. Hopefully Dreamcast or (even better) PS2. Rayman 2 Revolution had some neat extras including a hub world and some other new levels. Environments were better decorated.

shakirmoledina

Legend
Trophies
Website
vfootball.co.nf
XP
Country
Tanzania
graphically the game looks amazing... like a ps2 game in HD, rayman has never been boring even on the ds. It would be beautiful and definitely good news...
it doesnt mean tht if a game has had many versions then tht game has been milked... if tht is the case then mario, zelda, pokemon, ff, pes, fifa etc are all for milking and generating money
its just a theme tht is liked by many and hence more versions of the same game. If this very game combined all the possible games in the series then ppl wouldnt like it so better take out many versions eg. ff1 to ff13 all combined on one game running for 300+ hrs

Midna

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Albania
granville said:
I changed the wording of the top post after analyzing the images. Clearly not 3DS screens, so i indicated as much. When we get some real screens, they will be in 400x240 resolution and have a 16:9 aspect ratio. We're not sure which version of the game it's ported from yet. Hopefully Dreamcast or (even better) PS2. Rayman 2 Revolution had some neat extras including a hub world and some other new levels. Environments were better decorated.
You mean 15:9, or 5:3.

KingAsix

ByJustAsix
Trophies
Website
www.byjustasix.com
XP
Country
United States
I love Rayman...It was my 1st real PC game and number 2 was my 1st PS2 game...I don't know what it is about Rayman but I've been a fan since #1 (I was quite young when 1 was out...no more than 9). I still haven't had a chance to play #3 or Arena. I'd love to see Rayman 3 being done, but its whatever. As long as they add a decent amount of special/new features.

S

solarsaturn9

granville said:

Your sources are poor proof of this release title. I suggest editing your post to include this source:

http://forums.ubi.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/5...66/m/8921034509

This post on ubisoft's forums explains that there will be 2 3DS Rayman launch titles. One being an enhanced remake of Rayman 2 and the other being a Raving Rabbids game.

S

solarsaturn9

Master Mo said:
solarsaturn9 said:
Seriously guys? Get your facts straight and use your brain.
Yeah, questioning it was my way to point out, that these are probably not 3DS-version-screen
wink.gif

oh, I didn't mean to offend you... I was referring to guy who posted this as news.
blush.gif

granville

GBAtemp Goat
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
solarsaturn9 said:
granville said:

Your sources are poor proof of this release title. I suggest editing your post to include this source:

http://forums.ubi.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/5...66/m/8921034509

This post on ubisoft's forums explains that there will be 2 3DS Rayman launch titles. One being an enhanced remake of Rayman 2 and the other being a Raving Rabbids game.
Source is poor proof? How did you figure? The Rabbids game was already announced and unveiled in screen form. I'll also mention that the Rabbids are hardly Rayman games anymore regardless. They have split the two series. We also knew about the other games in that Ubisoft link. This game however was not formally announced and revealed what it was. The source provided is a perfectly valid one, that blog is well known to be a legit 3DS news provider. There's also nothing in that thread about any of those games being launch titles. It says first half of 2011. I suggest you get your OWN facts strait before telling people how to do their job. I already fixed the top post with any relevant correct info.
rolleyes.gif

I'm removing the screens entirely, they have no purpose here.
tongue.gif

granville

GBAtemp Goat
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ramonra said:
What's this, the 6th system that has this game? Come on.
Rayman 2, in its original conceptual form, released on the following- N64, PS1, PC, Dreamcast, PS2, DS, and iOS. There was also an adaptation on the Gameboy Color, but it was a 2D sidescroller. Same goes for the GBA with Rayman 3 (which look elements from both consoles versions of Rayman 2 and 3). They also rereleased the PS1 version on PSN.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    ubisoft should #stopkillinggames ngl
  • Badcatalex @ Badcatalex:
    sony should #stopkillinggames
  • Badcatalex @ Badcatalex:
    they killed LittleBigPlanet online, which was the main core of every LBP game
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    for real
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    at least with them, it was because of the DDOS attacks, ubisoft was just scummy
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    fuck ubisoft, and fuck activision
    +1
  • realtimesave @ realtimesave:
    Nintendo needs to release a new console, switch is getting such shitty little games lately lol it's pathetic
  • Purple_Heart @ Purple_Heart:
    Lmao a new flashcart... The Unlock Switch... I knew it's not fake xD
    +1
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    A new consoles won't solve that problem
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    It will actually make it worse
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    well actually
    a new console won't do anything right now, because the games are still in development, that's why there are few games being released
    it won't make the games finish any faster
  • Veho @ Veho:
    2/3rds of launch titles for the Switch 2 will just be lazy ports of Switch games anyway.
    probably
    maybe mario kart 9 will be a launch title
    i really want a new mario kart
  • Veho @ Veho:
    What, you mean the endless stream of DLCs doesn't count?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Why develop a new game when you can just sell season passes forever?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I'm still on MKDS so I'm not bothered :tpi:
    i like the dlc tbh, i'd like a new game more
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    but the current version is still selling fine at full price
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Hello
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    sup
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @realtimesave, You seen the Unlock Switch flashcart yet?
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @realtimesave, You seen the Unlock Switch flashcart yet?