Hacking RAWR! DSTT is now 21bucks at DX.

Unchi-san

Unchi on a stick! yay~
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Topfragger said:
Supercard DS one smears its poop poop all over the Top Toy
Supercard DS one is amazing, damn man, the days of Supercard being a generic M3 reflection are OVER!

wrong topic buddy. this topic is here to discuss the DSTT and its price at DX.

apocalypticvisio

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i finally got mine....you do have to use the non-sd side to eject it or it will be really hard to get out....but, who needs to eject it? mine boots a lil slow, but i have it set for fat32. it's still not the bad, just depends on the game size...14 steps to patch twewy in the progress screen....i wish it would have been the cheap when i ordered, only would have saved like 4 bucks though....wish dx carried the ewin 2n1's....woulda ordered them all together....

BurlyEd

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
OK, NOW my R4 is out of date.
It still works and plays all the games and cheats and MultiMedia, but the DSTT does too - at HALF the price!
I would not buy another DS at current prices - I would (and did) buy a DSTT.

grog.gif
lecture.gif

Kellicros

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
WOw, this is strange, with all these complaints about DSTT in the slot, mine slides in and out just fine. I guess I am lucky.

ojsinnerz.

Damned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
I'll buy this for my friend who wanted me to buy him a flashkart for his birthday. Since this is under $20, the better, LOL. Or I can be generous and also include a Micro sd.

Unchi-san

Unchi on a stick! yay~
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
ojsinnerz said:
I'll buy this for my friend who wanted me to buy him a flashkart for his birthday. Since this is under $20, the better, LOL. Or I can be generous and also include a Micro sd.

yea seriously... flashcart + 1gig kingston JPN for 27$. wow so cheap

cinerx

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Unchi-san said:
ojsinnerz said:

yea seriously... flashcart + 1gig kingston JPN for 27$. wow so cheap

TopToy DSTT Card for NDS Lite + Kingston Japan 2GB TF for $30.80.

This is totally crazy.

Passa

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Whelp, the DSTT + 2gb kingston card just arrived from DX ($36-38 AUD?) for my brother. It had a few hiccups while setting it up, but once it was all in place, virtually just as functional as my Cyclo but far far cheaper (I got my Cyclo + 2GB Kingston Japan for $120 in January.. ouch).

I find the menu annoying somewhat (no alphabetical sorting, no folder sorting so homebrew nds roms just float around in there..) but considering the price, I'd just put up with it. I hear the Acekard 2 has better firmware though so maybe next time I'll try it (it wasn't in stock when I ordered the DSTT).

Build quality by the way is fantastic. The sticker is at 45 degrees
wink.gif
but other than that the unit is very solid and feels like a normal DS cart, whereas my Cyclo has a chip under the sticker and a bendy back. The DSTT does require a bit of pushing to stay inside the DS though, not sure why..

Bri

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
You may know this already, but sorting the roms isn't too difficult (takes about 20 seconds):[*]Create a new folder at the root of your microSD card named "games2".[*]Go into your "games" folder (or wherever you keep your .nds files).[*]Do a "select all" then "cut" (CTRL-A, CTRL-X).[*]Go to your new "games2" folder.[*]Do a "paste" then "select all" then "cut" (CTRL-V, CTRL-A, CTRL-X).[*]Go back to your (now empty) "games" folder.[*]Do a "paste" (CTRL-V).[*]Delete your "games2" folder.Since none of the files are actually moving off of your microSD drive, they cut/paste very quickly (it really only updates the filenames in the file table).

The AK2 does have a better menu, but the DSTT is great for someone who wants an extremely simple menu (particularly nice for younger kids). The DSTT is also sturdier than the AK2 (mostly due to the fact that the AK2 is held together with clips rather than glued shut).

-Bri

Unchi-san

Unchi on a stick! yay~
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Bri said:
You may know this already, but sorting the roms isn't too difficult (takes about 20 seconds):[*]Create a new folder at the root of your microSD card named "games2".[*]Go into your "games" folder (or wherever you keep your .nds files).[*]Do a "select all" then "cut" (CTRL-A, CTRL-X).[*]Go to your new "games2" folder.[*]Do a "paste" then "select all" then "cut" (CTRL-V, CTRL-A, CTRL-X).[*]Go back to your (now empty) "games" folder.[*]Do a "paste" (CTRL-V).[*]Delete your "games2" folder.Since none of the files are actually moving off of your microSD drive, they cut/paste very quickly (it really only updates the filenames in the file table).

The AK2 does have a better menu, but the DSTT is great for someone who wants an extremely simple menu (particularly nice for younger kids). The DSTT is also sturdier than the AK2 (mostly due to the fact that the AK2 is held together with clips rather than glued shut).

-Bri

can't you just go to your "games" folder and arrange the icons based by "name"... ?

perkele

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Finland
Bri said:

It's easier to use Fatsort.

Bri

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
@Unchi-san: The games will show up on the DSTT in whatever order you copied them to the microSD drive regardless of how they're sorted on the PC. The "view by name" option on the PC doesn't affect the file table on the microSD at all -- it just sorts them when it displays them to you.

@perkele: Maybe a little easier, but I had Fatsort corrupt my microSD the one time I tried it.

-Bri

Unchi-san

Unchi on a stick! yay~
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Bri said:
@Unchi-san: The games will show up on the DSTT in whatever order you copied them to the microSD drive regardless of how they're sorted on the PC. The "view by name" option on the PC doesn't affect the file table on the microSD at all -- it just sorts them when it displays them to you.

@perkele: Maybe a little easier, but I had Fatsort corrupt my microSD the one time I tried it.

-Bri

hm i see. thanks for clarification. that is kind of retarded lol

Bri

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I agree. If you're bothered by the lack of sorting of the DSTT, you can use YSMenu. If you don't have a DSTT, I would recommend an Acekard 2, which has a much nicer menu interface.

-Bri

Unchi-san

Unchi on a stick! yay~
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Bri said:
I agree. If you're bothered by the lack of sorting of the DSTT, you can use YSMenu. If you don't have a DSTT, I would recommend an Acekard 2, which has a much nicer menu interface.

-Bri
yeah I am trying to decide between DSTT, AK2 or SC-DS1. I am trying to weigh the pros and cons between the 3.

Bri

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I think the AK2 is probably best for most people.

Of the three, the AK2 has the best menu and is only a few dollars more than the DSTT. The SCDS1 is a little more expensive than the AK2, but includes features like game state dumps and slow-motion (features that relatively few people would use). If the extra features are worth the extra price and a less-pretty menu, go with the SCDS1. Otherwise, go with the AK2 unless you're really strapped for cash or really like the simplicity of the DSTT (particularly useful if it's going to be used by a young child).

-Bri

Unchi-san

Unchi on a stick! yay~
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Bri said:
I think the AK2 is probably best for most people.

Of the three, the AK2 has the best menu and is only a few dollars more than the DSTT. The SCDS1 is a little more expensive than the AK2, but includes features like game state dumps and slow-motion (features that relatively few people would use). If the extra features are worth the extra price and a less-pretty menu, go with the SCDS1. Otherwise, go with the AK2 unless you're really strapped for cash or really like the simplicity of the DSTT (particularly useful if it's going to be used by a young child).

-Bri
yeah I was thinking that as well. I got an R4 and cyclo right now and I just want a flashcart that maybe offer something different.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl: Have a nice day. Life. Week. Month. year.