Hacking RawkSD only work with chipped Wiis and original RB2?

PrimeTime 84

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Brazil
Hi! I have searched trought the RawkSD site and Wiibrew and don't find an answer. This homebrew only work through these methods?

Thank's!
yaywii.gif

davidsl_128

GBAtemp Brightsider
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Colombia
Or USB Loader + IOS 249 rev 19 with base IOS37.

EDIT: I think it also works with backup DVDs in NeoGamma as long as you use IOS249 base 37, but I'm not sure.

Taleweaver

Storywriter
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
I tried this yesterday. The answer is (unfortunate enough) no.
frown.gif

More specific: rock band 2 from USB works. USB microphone works. The game doesn't jam at the end of a song. Purchased DLC also works. DLC that is imported with rawksd gives the "out of date" error.

It may also be interesting to know that the above isn't limited to a base of 37...the 56 base (which is assumed to have faster loading times) has the very same features.

I doubt it's going to change...rev20 is based upon the most recent IOS versions...and rawkSD* doesn't work with v5662 of IOS37.

*version 2, that is...but seeing how v3 is going to work through riivolution, I wouldn't get my hopes up for USB loading.
smile.gif

davidsl_128

GBAtemp Brightsider
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Colombia
Well it worked for me... at least with rev19, haven't tried rev20. I use cIOS249 base 37 with WiiFlow. I also installed RawkSD in IOS37. If v5662 of IOS37 doesn't work, try downloading an older version of IOS37 with DOP IOS.

btw, I can play RawkSD songs with RB2 loaded from both USB and DVD (backup), since both use the same IOS (249)

Taleweaver

Storywriter
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Oh, but I'm not denying what you're saying, david. On the contrary: I use that very same rev19, base IOS 37 myself.
smile.gif

The way it looks now, I'm going to keep that one (and install the faster loading ones in different slots).

Skizzo

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Everyone says you have to wait for v3 to be able to play your customs off of USB, but has anyone seen and perhaps tried the method outlined on a Spanish site that might remind you of a Wii calling for help?
wink.gif

Google "Como jugar las canciones RB2 Custom-RAWK por USB, funciona"

Or maybe Google's translation isn't so good and it isn't what I thought?

Taleweaver

Storywriter
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
From what I make of that tutorial (and I don't know Spanish either, so it's google translation here as well), it's the procedure to install custom songs to an emulated nand and then followed by playing it with uloader (currently still the only loader capable of using an emulated nand for savegames & stuff). There are some English tutorials for that one as well. I can't say much on that behalf (tried it but couldn't get it to work), but all users agree that it takes considerably extra time to start up the game.

Skizzo

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Have you tried the new method recently posted? I hear it works great and will be giving it a go soon myself. As for the extra time to start up the game, yeah. I guess this isn't a great method if you just want to play a song or two then call it quits, but if you're into the game and often sit down for an hour or more with it, then it's going to be fantastic. All the DLC + all the imports (what's that? about 1500 songs maybe?) and FOF customs in one game! Just start it up before sitting down for dinner and when finished eating, it's ready to go. Glad someone finally 'cracked' this, although it really didn't sound all too complicated so I'm a bit surprised it took this long. Time to get this 2TB drive formatted to FAT32.
wink.gif

Taleweaver

Storywriter
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
What "new method"?

I saw the same tutorial come by one or two times. Admitted, with better explanation, but nothing that wasn't possible a few months back (unless I'm very mistaken).

Anyway...good to hear you've got someting to look forward to.
smile.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: The cybertruck is a death trap.