Hacking Raw RTC

Skylar-

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I'm changing it for the Crank-A-Kai on Fleshy Souls..when I've ended, can I use the raw RTC tool for changing it backwards to today, or will it block me from time activities(on other games ex. Pokémon too)?? How can I change the raw RTC backwards?

Majickhat55

The Red Woman
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm changing it for the Crank-A-Kai on Fleshy Souls..when I've ended, can I use the raw RTC tool for changing it backwards to today, or will it block me from time activities(on other games ex. Pokémon too)?? How can I change the raw RTC backwards?
Depends on the game. A lot of will indeed block timed events due to "cheating" by changing the time. It's a risk you have to take if you want to mess with the raw-RTC...

And you just go backwards instead of forwards, it let's you do both man.

Skylar-

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Depends on the game. A lot of will indeed block timed events due to "cheating" by changing the time. It's a risk you have to take if you want to mess with the raw-RTC...

And you just go backwards instead of forwards, it let's you do both man.
Yes..but I've read on R€ddit(idk if I can say that subreddit's name?)this:

""Do not change the Raw RTC backwards. If you want to fix your time then change the System Settings time back one day before the current day, then open your game and save it. You can try changing the Raw RTC forwards one day to avoid timegates, but I have not tested this yet.""

Idk what I can do now? My 2DS says I am in October(yes, i know I have changed the time too much) and I want to put it backwards again..idk

Majickhat55

The Red Woman
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes..but I've read on R€ddit(idk if I can say that subreddit's name?)this:

""Do not change the Raw RTC backwards. If you want to fix your time then change the System Settings time back one day before the current day, then open your game and save it. You can try changing the Raw RTC forwards one day to avoid timegates, but I have not tested this yet.""

Idk what I can do now? My 2DS says I am in October(yes, i know I have changed the time too much) and I want to put it backwards again..idk
Ok and did they say why you shouldn't turn it backwards? Because you 100% can. I don't see what changing it backwards will do in regards to "corruption" if changing it forward (at all) does nothing but what it should. Not to mention, you can reset the RTC setting whenever you want..... Either way using them will 100% fuck up time based events in games that use them.

Skylar-

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Ok and did they say why you shouldn't turn it backwards? Because you 100% can. I don't see what changing it backwards will do in regards to "corruption" if changing it forward (at all) does nothing but what it should. Not to mention, you can reset the RTC setting whenever you want..... Either way using them will 100% fuck up time based events in games that use them.

Can I adjust them in someway? Ex. Putting everything again to today? (RTC raw and from System Settings)

Majickhat55

The Red Woman
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can I adjust them in someway? Ex. Putting everything again to today? (RTC raw and from System Settings)
I would do that first, or you can just "reset all settings" from the config.cia and then change the date/time on the console. Should be correct then, and if you want go backwards from there.

N7Kopper

Lest we forget... what Nazi stood for.
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
It's not about any kind of spurious "corruption" at all. It's actually really simple. Any game with cheat protection is looking for two things. The first and most obvious is a difference in the system's time modifier. (As should be easy to figure out, changing the time in System Settings alters this modifier while leaving the RTC alone, while the actual passage of time changes the RTC and leaves the modifier intact) But anti-time travel systems also check the RTC itself. If the actual RTC is set to earlier than the game's saved RTC timestamp, that will also trip cheat protection. So if you want to travel backwards, travel to 24 hours before the time you want, load and save the game, then jump forward a day.

Reactions: Skylar-

DocKlokMan

Plugin Dev
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, you can go backwards. I did it with the Sun & Moon demo. Just go back two days, then open the game, then go forward two days to get things back on track again. One day wasn’t enough for me.

Skylar-

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Weeeeeell. I've gone forwards two months, not two days. Maybe going backwards two months plus two days, opening, saving and going back to today?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pnRVIC7kS4s