Rate the song from the poster before you

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Can't get behind that I am afraid- it sounds much like every other bit of soft rock type stuff I hear in games and pop charts. If I compare it to other sonic background/theme/related music it does not even come close either. That said it was a better use of computery vocal effects than most times I hear them, it did something to overcome my apprehension at hearing vocals on a Sonic track as well (though there are previous exceptions to that.

Reverend Horton Heat - Oh By Jingo

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Wow I had not heard that in years (indeed at first I had forgotten the name of the group and was trying to think if Patti Smith had a song of that name). Sadly it will probably have to be another example in my 80's music theory, she does have a decent set of pipes though.

Black Sabbath - Children Of the Grave

Do as you wish but I will note that the intro works especially well if you have the volume up around "room shaking" levels.

Probably should note Gundam Eclipse's song as well..... it put me in the mind of one of those "literal versions of music videos" and it was not quite as amusing as some of those.

Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Normally I go into this thread, and it's usually a bad song that has been posted. Not this time, I'll be honest I don't listen to enough Sabbath as I should nowadays.

5/5

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
1/5. Generally not a fan of amateur covers of songs. I usually prefer covers from larger bands since it's more interesting to see a band you know well play a song in their own way (see Garage Inc. from Metallica for example).

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
It was not bad but having heard it I doubt I can recall anything about it. Filler in the album of an epic (ish) orchestra would probably be it.

Stranglers - Peaches

I was actually torn between that version and the Dub Pistols version which is also pretty good (definitely more consistent through the song)

Gundam Eclipse

True Demon Route
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
India
Damn FAST, you must have one hell of a music taste, you don't seem to take to any songs I post haha(Not sure if I described this correctly, English isn't my first language after all).
Er, to clarify, I mean it in a good manner, must mean you have listened to a lot of music :3

3.5/5

Gahars

Bakayaro Banzai
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've only seen one episode so far, but the theme is pretty good. 4/5

Now, you posted a theme for "Captain Jack" earlier. I can't exactly let that go unanswered...

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Guy with guitar singing a nominally sad song is second only to ballads on the types of songs I generally dislike list. That said I can not really fault it musically or vocally (I might have a word with one doing the mixing/mastering but that is the usual please do not normalise it all word) and I imagine if I did like such tracks then other than the rather abrupt ending I could get behind it.

Tom Waits- Gun Street Girl

@Gundam Eclipse it is not so much I dislike your selections but by unhappy coincidence most of the times I have got to rate one of your selections in recent times it has been a game or anime soundtrack and those have to be really special for me to like them enough to consider as a standalone song (also it does not help that I usually have to catch up on this thread and by this point I will probably have just heard several tracks I really like). Many of the other ones you pick I actually quite like though.

Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
5/5 for Johnny Marr but 2/5 for the song itself, just something that exists in the background for me.

pwsincd

Garage Flower
Developer
Trophies
XP
Ah the ever great beatles , struggle to find fault 5/5 though lennon is said to have disliked it as it was i think a pop at jaggers g/f of the time marian faithful typical scouse humour.

Brother in law on the drums :)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: