Gaming Ratchet & Clank QForce Vita Releasing May 22nd!

T-hug

Always like this.
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
GBAtemp.net
XP

From the EU PS Blog:
First, thank you for your patience as you’ve awaited the PS Vita version of QForce. Our friends at Sony and Tin Giant have been working hard to deliver a version of the game that lives up to your expectations. The good news is that the game is complete, and will be released on PlayStation Store on 22nd May.
For those of you with a PS3 retail copy of QForce, you’ll be able to download the PS Vita version of QForce to your PS3 and transfer it to your PS Vita. You can do this by accessing the “Disc Benefits” option from 22nd May. If you downloaded QForce on PS3, the PS Vita version will appear free for you on the PlayStation storefront.

Furthermore, we know many of you are excited about Ratchet: Gladiator, which we will be including as a bonus ‘thank you’ for your patience on the PS Vita release. The fine folks at Sony and Idol Minds are wrapping it up now and we are expecting it to be available soon. For those of you in Europe who have purchased QForce on PS3, we will be providing you with a free download code for Ratchet: Gladiator on PS3 when it releases on PlayStation Store. We will update you on when this content will be available at a later date via PlayStation Blog, and you’ll be able to access to it.
Lots of you are still enjoying QForce’s competitive multiplayer and have been enjoying the Metropolis map we added at the beginning of this year. We wanted to continue to support the game for the loyal PS3 players as well. As such, the team in North Carolina has a new software update for the game which brings a brand-new competitive map set in Molonoth Fields from A Crack In Time, and a new game mode exclusive to the PlayStation 3 version of the game.

The new game mode, 2v2 Full Frontal Assault mode, is something for our hardcore players. It eliminates the phases – so you can always capture nodes, build units, and attack the other team’s base. This results in a more dynamic, more strategic experience that will test players’ skills more than ever before. This new software update will be available next week.
Additionally, we’ve added new skins to QForce which you can find in the in-game store. The newMonsters pack, Intergalactic Foot Soldiers pack, and Plushy pack all are available now, for €1.49 each. We also have a new A Crack in Time pack and All 4 One pack coming soon!

Better late than never!

xist

ΚΑΤΑ ΤΟΝ ΔΑΙΜΟΝΑ ΕΑΥΤΟΥ
Trophies
XP
Country
Maybe i'm confused but have they (SCEE) backtracked on Motorstorm and opted to match SCEA in giving away Gladiator(or Deadlocked if you're using the US name) to Q-Force purchasers?

There was some kerfuffle over that disparity so if it's been resolved now that's a good thing...but where's the announcement they changed their minds?

T-hug

Always like this.
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
GBAtemp.net
XP
The US version hit yesterday and people on gf say it's a terrible port. Bad framerate aweful graphics and load times up to 3minutes long in the hub and on each level.
I was intending to buy it today but probably won't now as it was delayed initially on Vita to make it better by Tinman games and by all accounts they've botched it.

xist

ΚΑΤΑ ΤΟΝ ΔΑΙΜΟΝΑ ΕΑΥΤΟΥ
Trophies
XP
Country
There's one other thing that irritates me about these games...the naming conventions are just plain confusing....Q-Force/Full Frontal Assault, Gladiator/Deadlocked and Going Commando/Locked & Loaded....why???? Took me a while tracking down that discussion about the botched port because of it.

T-hug

Always like this.
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
GBAtemp.net
XP
The game is getting slated on the eu ps blog too I'm so glad I didn't buy it without looking into it first but am sad because I wanted it!
I guess that's one good thing about getting the store update a day later than the US, they get to be the testers lol!
I wonder why insomniac didn't handle the port? Maybe they knew it wasn't viable to produce a good game but cross buy had already been sold by Sony?
I'm intrigued how this game was delayed so long and still turned out terrible. They even messed up the launch with people having to pay for it even though they had the ps3 game.

T-hug

Always like this.
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
GBAtemp.net
XP
iY1fL2JJSJmdo.jpg

I don't even know where to start...

Nobunaga

Empty
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
iY1fL2JJSJmdo.jpg

I don't even know where to start...
I got the game yesterday and I have to say...I wasted 15 euros on something super laggy crappy and looks like a PS1 ported game >.>
I mean seriously why play something that is lagging while you move or attack and takes some much time to load >.>
In my opinion if you get this game you had rather watch a video of it first or try out the demo version of it (I think there is one)
I don't know how it looks on the PS3 but the Vita version just sucks.
3/10

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
I stopped trusting the PSVita's screenshot function after seeing some live video capture on one of those modded PSVita's - the difference in quality is so outstanding it's not even funny.

That being said, "poor port is poor". :D

josh w

Trophies
XP
Country
just bought it, so dissapointed, its a ps vita, HOW CAN THEY MAKE IT LOOK CRAP AND LAG AT THE SAME TIME, I love rachet and clank but it feels like they've pulled this one out there a*se, WHY TOWER DEFENCE:nayps3:

GameWinner

Take your heart
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
just bought it, so dissapointed, its a ps vita, HOW CAN THEY MAKE IT LOOK CRAP AND LAG AT THE SAME TIME, I love rachet and clank but it feels like they've pulled this one out there a*se, WHY TOWER DEFENCE:nayps3:
Why o why didn't you look up the game before buying it!?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Maximumbeans @ Maximumbeans: butte