manaphy4ever

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Bosnia and Herzegovina
500x_500x_insomniac360.jpg

QUOTE said:
The next big gaming franchise from the creators of a decade and a half's worth of some of the Playstation's most beloved titles is coming to the Xbox 360.

Insomniac Games, the studio behind Spyro the Dragon, Ratchet and Clank and Resistance , unveiled a deal this morning with Electronic Arts that will put their still unannounced, undated next franchise on the Playstation 3 and Xbox 360. Under the agreement Insomniac will retain ownership of the intellectual property.

"There have been a lot of great reasons to make games for the Playstation," said Ted Price, founder and CEO of Insomniac Games. "We have a wonderful relationship with Sony and will continue to work with them on Playstation titles."

While Insomniac Games' growth as a developer has been steady, it hasn't seen any big spikes, Price told Kotaku. Making a game for multiple systems means that the developer and its games will be able to reach a broader audience.

"We never wanted to limit ourselves," Price said. "People are inspired here by having the opportunity to try new things. (Playstation 3 shooter) Resistance was a chance to branch out and we will continue to look for those opportunities."

The latest chance is bringing Insomniac Games' upcoming, all-new franchise set in a new universe to the PS3 and Xbox 360. The title is currently in production at the company's Burbank studio, but Price remained tight-lipped about what it was.

"We've never approached any of the games we make as one-offs," Price said. "Our goal is to create a franchise."

Price declined to specify the sort of game it would be, adding that the developer won't be talking about it at this year's E3 next month.

He did say that Insomniac currently has "multiple teams working on multiple projects."

We've heard that Insomniac Games has agreed to produce at least one more Ratchet & Clank title and perhaps two more Resistance games. Price declined to confirm those details, but did verify that his company is still working on both franchises.

"We are going to continue to support Ratchet and Resistance," he said. "I think (PS3 owners) will be happy with what we have coming."

Rumors of Insomniac breaking their 16-year tradition of creating games exclusively for the Playstation First Surfaced during the Game Developers Conference earlier this year. Craig Rechenmacher, vice president of marketing at EA Partners, said the discussions with Insomniac started "pretty organically."

"We have relationships with everyone," Rechenmacher said. "This is one we've had our eyes on forever."

"Our goal is to work with the best and brightest game developers"

Source:Kotaku

luke_c

Big Boss
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Why don't you just put Insomniac in the title? More people would recognize that name than a PS3-Exclusive game.
But although I am sad to see them go multi-platform, they made the right choice, they have so much talent as developers and it should be shared with as many people as possible.
Make sure to provide sources too if you're quoting from a site
wink.gif

Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Looks like months of rumours were true.

From what I've played of the Resistance games I liked but I've really only enjoyed their Spyro games. Never cared for Ratchet & Clank.

prowler

Sony
Trophies
XP
Country
Zimbabwe
Ratchet & Clank?
On MY Microsoft?

Even though I'm not bothered which games come out on what console. Ratchet & Clank needs to say on Sony
mad.gif

It's not right
frown.gif

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I seem to like all their main franchises and I bet there new ones will be just as good, its great to see a company move into the bigger community but like Dean I'd also love for them too keep franchises like Ratchet and Clank with Sony, which If I understood correctly they will be doing

Maikel Steneker

M3 Fanboy
Trophies
Website
ndss.nl
XP
Country
Netherlands
Prowler485 said:
Ratchet & Clank?
On MY Microsoft?
I don't think that will happen. I could be wrong, but reading the article it seems like Sony has the rights of Resistance and Rachet & Clank.

Personally, I don't care at all about these games. I loved Insomniac in the PS1 days (they were even better than Naughty Dog), but their new games didn't appeal to me at all. I hope their next franchise will be a good one. As long as it will release on PS3 (which it will with EA as a partner and the good relationship with Sony) I'm happy.

Terminator02

ヽ( 。 ヮ゚)ノ
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
luke_c said:
Some people are being mislead.
It says their next FRANCHISE. Which means Ratchet and Resistance will stay on PS3.
From an interview with Insomniac. link below said:
We still have a very strong commitment to Ratchet & Clank, to Resistance and, of course, to Sony. We'll continue making games with Sony, so this is something...our ability to expand to multiplatform doesn't affect our relationship with Sony.
Interview with Insomniac Games and EA Partners

Edit: Oh yeah, and please quote your source

Also, Ratchet & Clank and Resistance are both owned by Sony, so they will never come to xbox
Another interview with Insomniac. link below
Who owns the rights to the Resistance and Ratchet franchises? Will you continue making games for those series or can Sony continue on without you at the helm?
Ted Price: Our commitment and our relationship with Sony continues, and it’s as strong as ever – as is our commitment to Ratchet and Resistance. We will continue to be making games with Sony. Sony does own the intellectual property rights for Ratchet and Resistance. But, as I said, the relationship remains great. For our fans of Ratchet and Resistance, I just want to reiterate that we’re still very committed to those franchises and excited about what we’re doing there. I think that PlayStation 3 fans will still get a lot of the Insomniac experience from those franchises and from what we’re doing with EAP.
Gameinformer's Interview

Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Overlord Nadrian said:
Why no love for Wii? I'd love to see one of their games on a Nintendo console, more hardcore games ftw!
Nintendo pretty much owns them in the platform genre and quite frankly Playstation style games don't quite sit well on Ninty consoles. Oh and that little thing where devs need to be able to port stuff to as many consoles to help with profits but at the same time have the games looks intact.

manaphy4ever

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Bosnia and Herzegovina
luke_c said:
Why don't you just put Insomniac in the title? More people would recognize that name than a PS3-Exclusive game.
But although I am sad to see them go multi-platform, they made the right choice, they have so much talent as developers and it should be shared with as many people as possible.
Make sure to provide sources too if you're quoting from a site
wink.gif
sure luke next time i will provide sources
smile.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Sorry for accidentally bending over