Undercover Admin
OP
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country

ffa_side.jpg

Ratchet & Clank: Q-Force delivers a concentrated blast of pure fun to the Playstation 3 and blends the series’ classic comedy, camera, and controls with an innovative new way to play. Drop into the middle of an intergalactic conflict, choose your weapons, and experience Full Frontal Assault solo, or together with friends online or splitscreen.
Named Ratchet & Clank: Full Frontal Assault and available only on the PlayStation Store in North America.
In Europe, the game is titled Ratchet and Clank: Q-Force, and will be available on Blu-Ray disc and on the PlayStation Store.

The game is "fun-sized" and is supposed to have a lot of replay value and a twist.
It's going to be a bit longer than Quest for Booty which is only about 4 hours.
The co-op sounds promising and it should be a great game and the twist of the game won't use your brain too much like the clank puzzles did.
The NA and Europe release will be within a week from each other.
It's coming out this year before Christmas.

http://www.insomniac...rontal-assault/

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No PSV love? :( Fuck it then, too bad. BTW, Q-force sounds like a terrible seriesname or so, just saying.

Well you can always think of it as "Full Front Assault" if you want ;)

But yeah, I dunno. No Vita version is kinda what kills this, I really don't see why they wouldn't. Size Matters was rather excellent and a game like that but with proper second analog aiming and camera would be excellent.

I also have some sneaking suspicion that this "new twist" will just be really bad.

FireGrey

Undercover Admin
OP
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
No PSV love? :( Fuck it then, too bad. BTW, Q-force sounds like a terrible seriesname or so, just saying.
Insomniac don't like making games for handhelds, the PSP ratchet and clanks were made by other people.
It might be called Full Frontal Assault where you live.
I like the name Q-Force because it's a reference to Up Your Arsenal.

RJ Sly 95

Trophies
XP
Country
JF7L2.gif

Day one retail!!! :Q__
Along with Sly

Yeah, PS3 has definitely got a good numbers of excellent platformers...surely not as good as PS2 or Wii, but surely not bad.

BTW I don't get why there's a massive Vita portbegging every time a PS3 game is announced, if the 99% of the people are hurt by console -> handheld ports.

Rasas

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Never really understood why Quest for Booty and now this only have a disc release in Europe. I understand it only sold for 15 in Europe but still I would get it if it had a disc release in North America well as long as it isn't like All 4 One with the lack of a open world.

Edit: I guess you can just order it online since the PS3 is region free but that can cost a lot.

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Never really understood why Quest for Booty and now this only have a disc release in Europe. I understand it only sold for 15 in Europe but still I would get it if it had a disc release in North America well as long as it isn't like All 4 One with the lack of a open world.

Edit: I guess you can just order it online since the PS3 is region free but that can cost a lot.

My guess is that either Europe generally gets a lot of "collector's editions" or limited editions of games that the US doesn't (like I know quite a few PSP games got super-awesome limited editions in Europe only) or that European internet restrictions across the board are far worse than that of America so having it on disc will let people with no/limited internet play the game.

It also sells more to "window shoppers". A mom my be strolling by a European game store and see this fun looking title in the window for only $15 and buy it for their kid, or something like that.

Rasas

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't think that is it. The US and Europe gets screwed in limited and collectors editions time to time and the window shopper thing would also work well for North America. I think the reason why is SCEE tries to force it while SCEA does nothing of the sort. Maybe digital downloads are more expensive in Europe (doubt it) or SCEA doesn't want as many used game sales. Honestly there are many possible reasons and with the PS3 being region free I suppose the fans are covered either way while the some casual players miss this.

Midna

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Albania
First Dead Space 3, now this? man, they just can't keep their mouths shut until E3, can they? No cheers of shock and delight for you, Sony and EA

Gahars

Bakayaro Banzai
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I haven't played a Ratchet and Clank game in ages, but the first three were definite classics. It's kind of a shame that there's no love for the Vita here, but I'm sure it will be fine otherwise.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gYzI76fwaM0