Ratchet and Clank PS4 trailer and gameplay revealed!

Discussion in 'PS4 - Games & Content' started by GameWinner, Jun 10, 2015.

1. GameWinner
    OP

GameWinner Take your heart

Jun 14, 2009
    United States
    rcps4.jpg

:arrow: PS Blog

FrozenIndignation and chavosaur like this.

2. XrosBlader821

XrosBlader821 Digimon Tamer

Feb 1, 2014
    Gambia, The
    I never got into the franchise and only own Rachet & clack size matters but this looks fun as hell

3. DiscostewSM

DiscostewSM GBAtemp Guru

Feb 10, 2009
    United States
    Sacramento, California
    Looks fun. Seems they made a boo-boo shown on the gameplay preview though (at 4:54, look at the top of the screen)

FrozenIndignation likes this.
  4. TecXero

TecXero Technovert

Apr 13, 2014
    United States
    Mainframe
    I have to admit, this is the first time I've really wanted a PS4. We'll see if it still holds my interest when it comes out. If so, I might just have to buy another console, despite my prefered HTPC setup. Though I hope they fix that load time, that was atrocious.
    I actually kind of like seeing glitches and stuff like that. It helps to reassure me they're actually showing the game they're working on, not some prerendered or polished up vertical slice nonsense. Stuff like that will generally be ironed out later, so I'm not worried.

5. Nathan Drake

Nathan Drake Obligations fulfilled, now I depart.

Jan 2, 2011
    I gotta say, this is looking pretty well done, and based on what I read in the PS Blog, this will be basically an entirely new experience that just used the original Ratchet & Clank game as a base, expanded on it with the movie, with an expansion of the game as a whole with newer, polished up mechanics. I hope that sometime after E3, they throw those two playable bits up on PSN as a demo, but I suppose I can wait for Spring 2016.

6. Foxi4

Foxi4 On the hunt...

pip Reporter
    Sep 13, 2009
    Poland
    Gaming Grotto
    Sweet, a remake that actually looks and plays like one. I was slowly getting sick and tired of games supposedly "built from the ground up" that just look like HD remasters. This is how it's done, people - pay attention!

XrosBlader821 likes this.
  7. Joe88

Joe88 [λ]

Jan 6, 2008
    United States
    NYC
    looks good, even better the game is on pre-order for $40
    will put those budget wiiu titles to shame

8. Catastrophic

Catastrophic Perfectly Normal

Apr 28, 2012
    Somewhere
    It looks great, but I'm not sure why they decided to make a re-imagining of the first game instead of a sequel. It's not like the series ended at some point(I think?)

9. Nathan Drake

Jan 2, 2011
    The series has gotten a little stale and has had a harder time appealing to fans than it used to. This is a really smart move because it can play on nostalgia while offering new experiences, and it will otherwise be a stellar addition to the PS4 library for old and new fans alike.

10. Foxi4

Foxi4 On the hunt...

pip Reporter
    Sep 13, 2009
    Poland
    Gaming Grotto
    That, and it's a movie tie-in, so it obviously needs to be an origin story.

GameWinner likes this.
  11. JFTS

JFTS GBAtemp Regular

May 10, 2011
    Fiji
    I loved the first game on the PS2 and this looks amazing! I'm definitely getting this title when it's released.

12. Online

Online GBAtemp Regular

Mar 10, 2015
    Another reason to own a ps4.

13. gamewizard

gamewizard GBAtemp Regular

Jan 12, 2013
    United States
    Earth
    I suddenly have a reason to get a PS4.

14. Snugglevixen

Snugglevixen Fox Princess

Feb 17, 2015
    New Zealand
    My den
    PS4 finally got a good exclusive.

15. Nathan Drake

Jan 2, 2011
    Hey, even if you don't much care for Bloodborne, you have to agree that it was incredibly well received and is considered to be a top notch exclusive for the PS4. Admittedly, it's the only exclusive that really comes to mind right now, but at least it was well made.

16. Snugglevixen

Snugglevixen Fox Princess

Feb 17, 2015
    New Zealand
    My den
    I never even heard of Bloodborne.

17. XrosBlader821

XrosBlader821 Digimon Tamer

Feb 1, 2014
    Gambia, The
    you have to live under a rock to not hear a thing about bloodborne.

18. FireGrey

FireGrey Undercover Admin

Apr 13, 2010
    Are they seriously using the same weapons that all the PS3 games had?

19. Nathan Drake

Jan 2, 2011
    Do you understand absolutely nothing about what this game is? Nothing at all? Did you watch a trailer? Read the PS Blog post? Anything?

In essence, this is an enhanced remake of the first game. Using the movie they're making to expand on the origins of the series, they've basically rebuilt the first game from the ground up only with a ton of added content (entire new worlds, bosses, Clank missions, etc.). As well they've made it so it isn't the same old same old weapons that were in the first game, instead substituting guns (I think there are a couple new ones too, but it's been hours since I read the entire PS Blog post) from all across the other Ratchet & Clank games to give an improved, more varied experience.

20. FireGrey

FireGrey Undercover Admin

Apr 13, 2010
    Yes that sounds good in theory, but they've reused the same weapons in all of the ps3 games and are reusing the same weapons for this game.
    So it is much closer to "the same old weapons" then if they had used the weapons from the first games.
    And I only see 2 weapons from the ps2 games, one of them being a pre-order bonus...