RARPEG, hide your rar in a jpg!

Mangofett

GBAtemp Testing Area
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes you can use a bat script but who needs those when you have an easy gui?
yaynds.gif

Simply run rarpeg.exe to use. You simply need to select the image file and rar file. Simply Windows only.

http://sharebee.com/c8bdc190

alternate download: http://www.zshare.net/download/18666396a657c13e/

EXAMPLE: open the following image in WinRAR

supfl8.jpg

ScuberSteve made the name.

S

ScuberSteve

Linkiboy said:
Yes you can use a bat script but who needs those when you have an easy gui?QUOTE(Live Again @ Sep 12 2008, 05:01 PM) Really useless seeing you can run a .bat script (open it with a notepad to see what it does) but .exes can be a viruses.
Read the fuck more.

Live Again

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Virus the fuck more. I rather type text in a txt document and create a .bat file than trust some .exe on the internet is what I was saying.

S

ScuberSteve

Live Again said:
Virus the fuck more. I rather type text in a txt document and create a .bat file than trust some .exe on the internet is what I was saying.
Well, it's linkiboy. And would someone like him jeopardize his own credibility by posting a virus?
Besides, I've tried posting the BAT file as text in Code tags but that got removed.

kobykaan

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
thats great but a 70mb jpg would be a dead giveaway that its not really a jpg doh!!

but this is not to burst a bubble but ... I've seen this thousands of times its ...NOT NEW ..

http://www.fiddyp.co.uk/how-to-hide-a-rar-in-a-jpeg-file/ from blog posts back in 2007!!

QUOTE said:
Here’s some good old instructions that I found to hide a .rar file in a jpeg so that you can open it as either…

1. Get your .rar file and put it in the same directory as a jpeg picture (c:\hidden is a good place to put it)
2. Open up a command prompt by clicking Start/Run and typing “cmd” and click ok.
3. In the DOS window, type “cd c:\hidden” to navigate to the folder
4. Type “copy /b input.jpg + input.rar ouput.jpg
(where input jpeg is the picture you want to show, input.rar is the file you want to hide and output.jpg will be the name of the new combined file)

That’s it! You can double click the new file and it will show it as a picture, BUT… if you open it with winrar, you will see the files contained. The picture above has a secret file in it, right click and save picture to your computer and then open it with Winrar to see what I put in there!

google search Results 1 - 10 of about 878,000 for hide rar in jpg. (0.15 seconds)

S

ScuberSteve

Yeah, the concept isn't new at all.
It's been on two plus seven minus five chan for years.
It's how they hid CP.
BUT IN MORE INTERESTING NEWS:
Linkiboy isn't showing off the concept, I did that weeks ago.
He's sporting a program he created and named himself.

Mangofett

GBAtemp Testing Area
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Geez guys, I just wanted to post my project. I mean if I bother to program, but not bother to release the program, what's the point?

If you think it's a virus, scan it before you extract it. Simple as that.

WildWon

EXTERMINATE!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey guess what. I didn't know this could be done. And i think this is pretty effin cool.

Congrats to those that know this. Congrats to those that think this is a waste of time because you can use a batch file. Big fucking whooptidoo. It pisses me the hell off when someones great comment is "Old!" or ANYTHING along those lines. (i just ranted about this on Kotaku today
tongue.gif
) The ONLY reason to say "Wow this is old!" is to say "Look at me! I think i'm better than the poster! Quick lets compare wang sizes. OH! Wait no, i win because i saw this last year! HAHAHAHz!!1one"

Anyhoo, i digest...

Linkiboy: thanks for this! I'm gonna play with it a bit
smile.gif

Oh, and for those that think its a waste because you can use a batch file, don't use this! Use your batch file! Me? I'm checking out lini's proggie.

Live Again

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
WildWon said:
Hey guess what. I didn't know this could be done. And i think this is pretty effin cool.

Congrats to those that know this. Congrats to those that think this is a waste of time because you can use a batch file. Big fucking whooptidoo. It pisses me the hell off when someones great comment is "Old!" or ANYTHING along those lines. (i just ranted about this on Kotaku today
tongue.gif
) The ONLY reason to say "Wow this is old!" is to say "Look at me! I think i'm better than the poster! Quick lets compare wang sizes. OH! Wait no, i win because i saw this last year! HAHAHAHz!!1one"

Anyhoo, i digest...

smile.gif

Oh, and for those that think its a waste because you can use a batch file, don't use this! Use your batch file! Me? I'm checking out lini's proggie.

No one is saying that they knew this before anyone or that its old, its just common sense to not trust .exe when you can save your system from possible security threats/problems just by typing text into a document and renaming the extension to .bat.

S

ScuberSteve

Live Again said:
No one is saying that they knew this before anyone or that its old, its just common sense to not trust .exe when you can save your system from possible security threats/problems just by typing text into a document and renaming the extension to .bat.

kobykaan said:
thats great but a 70mb jpg would be a dead giveaway that its not really a jpg doh!!

but this is not to burst a bubble but ... I've seen this thousands of times its ...NOT NEW ..

http://www.fiddyp.co.uk/how-to-hide-a-rar-in-a-jpeg-file/ from blog posts back in 2007!!

QUOTEHere’s some good old instructions that I found to hide a .rar file in a jpeg so that you can open it as either…

1. Get your .rar file and put it in the same directory as a jpeg picture (c:\hidden is a good place to put it)
2. Open up a command prompt by clicking Start/Run and typing “cmd” and click ok.
3. In the DOS window, type “cd c:\hidden” to navigate to the folder
4. Type “copy /b input.jpg + input.rar ouput.jpg
(where input jpeg is the picture you want to show, input.rar is the file you want to hide and output.jpg will be the name of the new combined file)

That’s it! You can double click the new file and it will show it as a picture, BUT… if you open it with winrar, you will see the files contained. The picture above has a secret file in it, right click and save picture to your computer and then open it with Winrar to see what I put in there!

google search Results 1 - 10 of about 878,000 for hide rar in jpg. (0.15 seconds)

Mewgia

drifter
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Live Again said:
WildWon said:

tongue.gif

Anyhoo, i digest...

smile.gif

Or maybe some people like exes better because they are easier to handle? And maybe some people trust linkiboy because he is a respected member of GBAtemp?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Also nice. Never really watched Fallout on Prime, but sounds like a good show. +1