Retro Games and Consoles!

Rarest/Most Interesting Piece of your Retro collection?

Dr_Faustus

Resident Robot Hoarder
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Call me curious, I wanted to see what everyone's rarest and/or most interesting piece in their Retro game collection is. Multiple examples are fine if you have more than one! This can be anything from a game, console, accessory, promotional stuff, unreleased stuff or just something that had a fun story attached to it!

Give us the deets people!

DinohScene

Gay twink catboy
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Out of the top of me head.... I have a Hello Kitty Gameboy Pocket that's pretty rare...
I guess I have a mint condition NES : D

I've got a few mint condition retro games, nothing noteworthy I guess.

Reactions: Xzi

SaberLilly

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
mine's a pretty minty (if not repainted) gameboy light, its not one of those limited edition ones, just a plain gold one.
No.2 is a pokemon center tokyo gameboy color.

Hanafuda

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My "collection" pretty much *all* stuff that people under 20 would consider retro. Mostly old Japanese consoles, i.e. AV Fami and Super Famicoms, N64's, Gamecube & stuff. Have some of the old Club Nintendo stuff including the Game&Watch Ball, and a sealed copy of the Majora's Mask soundtrack CD.

Probably most interesting thing is the 4 brand new in the bag OEM replacement N64 joysticks.

Reactions: ciaomao

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Honestly I don't know. Anything retro I have I largely aged into; I don't generally trade anything post 16 bit era and have a lot I never traded even before then. Already had everything that came my way during the rush 15-20something years ago and prices have gone north since then. Don't have anything really fun like arcade cabinets or neo geo.
To that end it is quite possible I have something stupidly rare and expensive (it is how I found out about N64 stuff being expensive when I randomly stumbled onto a thread around here and people complaining about things I had left in a box in my cupboard for the years since).

Personally I am more interested in the weird and wonderful accessories from around then. To that end I have a multiface3 https://spectrumcomputing.co.uk/entry/1000274
Did have some pictures around here but they might also have been on filetrip so probably now only in my camera.

Chary

Never sleeps
Chief Editor
Trophies
Website
opencritic.com
XP
Country
United States
I have a factory sealed copy of Fire Emblem: Path of Radiance. It's a kind of random one to have completely sealed, but it probably makes it rarer than most things I have?

I also have a copy of Valkrie Profile for the PS1, which appears to be going for a massively insane 400+ USD on eBay, yikes

nikeymikey

This is now a Spiderman thread.........
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I have a PC-Engine Super CDrom2, they are quite rare outside Japan. Thing is the drive no longer spins up :(
It boots up and shows the bios screen but no movement or noise from the drive.

Wolfy

Person That Never Was
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not home to check currently, and can only remember a fraction of what I have. But probably my two things I currently own that could be considered rare is two working Virtual Boys that my dad had in the attic that I found one day with a number of games. And less rare, but very interesting to me was the 10th anniversary of Sonic Adventure 2 for the DreamCast had a special edition which I had to have when I found out about it!

Did I buy a DreamCast because of one game? Yes, because I love that friggin game :rofl2:

Reactions: ciaomao

scroeffie1984

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
a c64 that wat used to crack games in the 80's has the original cracking group sticker on it
command and conquer online big box / halloween harry big box
i think thats it for me

Deleted member 514389

GBA Connoisseur
Trophies
Website
f.ls
XP
Country
Germany
As I do consider the GBA /retro/:
* My F2A + Cable (got it in 2014 where I thought I couldn't get one)
* My BattlechipGates for EXE4(x2),EXE5(x2) and EXE6(x1)
* SuperRetroAdvance
The other stuff is not so rare. K101's can both be found if you look.

Now to find that elusive "G-Bank"

subcon959

@!#?@!
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
A lot of things, but my pride and joy is my Twilight Zone Pinball machine.

qDQrhHJ.jpg

Last edited by subcon959,

Urbanshadow

Trophies
XP
Country
My Atari 2600 PAL has board revision 1 and was built by hand in sunnyvale, CA November of 1979 for the first shipment of PAL Atari into Europe (UK) in holiday season in 1979.

I purchased it from an antiquary in Germany. PSU was kaputt. New voltage regulator, new PSU rectifier capacitors and BAM. Its alive and kicking.

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
I'd say all my rarest games are PSX. Valkyrie Profile, Strider dual pack, and Megaman Legends 1+2.

Other notables are Power Stone and Marvel vs Capcom for Dreamcast, and the Metroid Prime trilogy steelbook for Wii.

Wavy

Splatana Stamper Enjoyer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Only thing I have is a copy of Rhythm Tengoku on the GBA.
rhythm tengoku.jpg

I wass able to get it at a really good price (~$30 AUD iirc). Though it save broke when I dumped the ROM to use on my 3DS, but oh well (it's a rhythm game, so I don't think matters hehe).

Bagel Le Stinky

the bagel bad smell
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Only thing I have is a copy of Rhythm Tengoku on the GBA.
View attachment 280515

I wass able to get it at a really good price (~$30 AUD iirc). Though it save broke when I dumped the ROM to use on my 3DS, but oh well (it's a rhythm game, so I don't think matters hehe).

Woah, I didn't know you could put a gba cartridge on a 3ds to play it

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

Group statistics

Members:
Threads:
Photos: