Rare wii remote issue

Discussion in 'Wii - Hardware, Devices and Utilities' started by Tonitonichopchop, Jan 3, 2011.

Jan 3, 2011

Rare wii remote issue by Tonitonichopchop at 7:45 PM (1,093 Views / 0 Likes) 9 replies

1. Tonitonichopchop
    OP

Member Tonitonichopchop GBAtemp Maniac

United States
    I've looked everywhere for a solution, but so far I've seen none. When I attempt to connect my wii remote to the wii on bootup, nothing happens. I can press all of the face buttons and even hold them together, but nothing works. The only was I can connect the wii remote is by re-syncing it to the console. However, if I select a wii game or channel it will do it again. This makes booting up a lot of Homebrew impossible which I really need. Any help would be appreciated.

p.s.

I've tried the same remote on two different wiis with the same effect.

2. SamAsh07

Member SamAsh07 GBAtemp Addict

Bahrain
    Most probably the Wiimote is done for? As in, time for replacement?? If you have a second Wiimote I suggest you try it, if the 2nd one works, then the 1st is dead.

I know my Wiimote died recently, the cursor would stutter alot while playing games. Got a new one, works perfect.

3. retrogamermatt

Member retrogamermatt GBAtemp Regular

Australia
    Try these steps!

1. Turn the Wii console power OFF by pressing the POWER Button on the front of the console. Unplug the power cord from the wall outlet for a few seconds. After a few seconds have elapsed, plug the cord back into the wall outlet.

2. Turn the power of the Wii console ON. When you see the Health and Safety screen, open the small flap on the front of the Wii console to find a red button labeled "SYNC." Press and hold the SYNC Button down for 15 seconds. This will clear all the syncs on the Wii, allowing you to get a clean start to begin the process described below.

3. After holding the SYNC Button on the Wii console down for at least 15 seconds, you can now "re-sync" your Wii Remotes:

1. With the first Wii Remote you wish to sync, remove the battery cover on the back of the Wii Remote to find a small red button just below the batteries.

2. Press and release the small red button just below the batteries on the Wii Remote; the blue lights on the front of the Wii Remote will blink.

3. Quickly press and release the red SYNC button on the inside of the white flap on the front of the Wii console (picture).

4. When the Player LED blinking stops and stays lit, the syncing is complete. The LED that is illuminated indicates the player number (1 through 4).

5. This sync procedure (steps "a" through "d" above) must be followed for each additional Wii Remote added to the system.

4. zizer

Member zizer GBAtemp Addict

he did it for sure

5. gloweyjoey

Member gloweyjoey who??

United States
    I think you just need a new wii remote. If it does the same things on two different wiis and other wiimotes dont do that, its more than likely the wiimote.

6. Tonitonichopchop
    OP

Member Tonitonichopchop GBAtemp Maniac

United States
    Looks like I'm buying a new remote [​IMG]

At least my old one half works. That means multiplayer games [​IMG]

7. Ato Puro

Member Ato Puro GBAtemp Regular

Brazil
    And you can buy one with Motion Plus built-in. No need to know which games may benefit from Motion Plus or switch jackets and plug/unplug Motion Plus ever again.

8. w!!

Member w!! GBAtemp Regular

United States
    You may also try different batteries. It could be that the remote is losing power intermittently, or surging somehow.

9. Nintendo_Chick

Member Nintendo_Chick GBAtemp Fan

United States
    I'm willing to bet he already thought of that...

10. zizer

Member zizer GBAtemp Addict