• Thread starter Deleted User
  • Start date
  • Views 6,035
  • Replies 60
D

Deleted User

OP
517951867.jpg

The legendary game developer Rare, the team behind Donkey Kong Country on the SNES and Kinect Sports for Kinect have been allegedly said that "Rare's fate is directly, totally and unequivocally tied to the success of Kinect Sports 2", according to Edge.

Read more: -snip-
Under Creative Commons License: Attribution Non-Commercial No Derivatives[/p]

Hop2089

Cute>Hot
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Rare should go defunct, the company betrayed us all by selling their soul to Microsoft and making a mockery of all that was good from Rare while working for Microsoft.

D

Deleted User

OP
Hop2089 said:
Rare should go defunct, the company betrayed us all by selling their soul to Microsoft and making a mockery of all that was good from Rare while working for Microsoft.
That's slightly harsh, don't you think? To be fair, Rare didn't have a choice.

Gullwing

homo
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It was a shame for them to abandon Nintendo back on the N64 era... I guess it suits them right... They could be still making epic games with Nintendo right now

D

Deleted User

OP
Gullwing said:
It was a shame for them to abandon Nintendo back on the N64 era... I guess it suits them right... They could be still making epic games with Nintendo right now
Yeah, "It's Mr Pants" is an awesome game name, Microsoft...WHAT WERE YOU THINKING?

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Rare just hasn't had anything good post-N64. I wouldn't say Microsoft's acquisition of them just led to some pretty good remakes of their classics (XBLA versions of Banjo Kazooie and Tooie, the incredible Perfect Dark remake, etc). Their a worthless studio now and the only reason to own them is for the titles that come with their name.

_Chaz_

GBAtemp's Official Mook™
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I despise Kinect and all who enjoy it, but I love Rare and their lineup of past games...

If they're gonna stay with Microsoft, maybe this is for the best.

tigris said:
Stevetry said:
what dint rare die like 2 years ago ?
Microsoft bought it. Same thing.
Too true.

D

Deleted User

OP
_Chaz_ said:
I despise Kinect and all who enjoy it, but I love Rare and their lineup of past games...

If they're gonna stay with Microsoft, maybe this is for the best.

tigris said:
Stevetry said:
what dint rare die like 2 years ago ?
Microsoft bought it. Same thing.
Too true.

Well, it probably is for the best, but from Goldeneye and DKC to having their whole company rep sitting on the shoulders of the Xbox edition of Wii Sports Resort takes the piss.

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
tigris said:
Well, it probably is for the best, but from Goldeneye and DKC to having their whole company rep sitting on the shoulders of the Xbox edition of Wii Sports Resort takes the piss.

Well I mean it's not really Microsoft's fault. Their talent hightailed it out of there before they got bought.

And hey, we got Perfect Dark XBLA which was so awesome. I'd even say it's better than the original. So much fun.

SPH73

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Kinect Sports is really fun. Its probably the best game for the Xbox Kinect.

Haters gonna hate. Its not Rare's fault that you're incapable of having fun.

Rare was overrated in the first place. Martin Hollis made GoldenEye great and he left the company long before they were sold. DKC was heavilly influenced by Nintendo staff. Perfect Dark suffered endless delays and wound up being kind of disappointing. (The death match was good but the story with the alien named "elvis" was just plain stupid.)

MigueelDnd

Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
SPH73 said:

Rare was overrated in the first place. Martin Hollis made GoldenEye great and he left the company long before they were sold. DKC was heavilly influenced by Nintendo staff. Perfect Dark suffered endless delays and wound up being kind of disappointing. (The death match was good but the story with the alien named "elvis" was just plain stupid.)

Funnily, your "Haters gonna hate" thing would apply pretty well with your opinion (:

It's sad to see the great company that once brought Banjo-Kazooie and Banjo-Tooie to us die sadly like this...

SPH73

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
MigueelDnd said:
SPH73 said:

Funnily, your "Haters gonna hate" thing would apply pretty well with your opinion (:

It's sad to see the great company that once brought Banjo-Kazooie and Banjo-Tooie to us die sadly like this...

This company has made like 3 good games in a lifetime. They've been around for what? 20 years? Pretty damn close.

Seriously, quit your cryin kids.

Oveneise

Trophies
Website
ACAdapterquotes.webs.com
XP
Country
United States
Rare was at their prime with the Nintendo 64. With games like Blast Corps, Jet Force Gemini, Banjo Kazooie, Conkers Bad Fur Day, and Goldeneye 007, they were probably the best second-party game developer around at the time. Kind of sad to see them not making such great games anymore, but rather rehashes of earlier games. But I still haven't tried Live and Reloaded, so I won't say anything about them going to Microsoft yet.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Sup