Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
500x_rare_natal_fps.jpg
QUOTE said:
Banjo Kazooie and Viva Pinata developer Rare has made some important contributions to the first person shooter genre, a space it hasn't visited since Perfect Dark Zero hit the Xbox 360 in 2005. That may change, thanks to Project Natal.

Rare's Mark Betteridge tells MCV, as part of a feature on the first-person shooter, that the company's "sights are trained on Natal." Betteridge calls the Xbox 360's motion and voice controller a "a great opportunity to break new ground with content and gameplay."

Rare has been said by owner Microsoft to be "intimately involved with Project Natal in a number of different dimensions," according to soon to be ex-Microsoft VP Shane Kim. The developer was reported to be staffing up in anticipation of the Natal launch in 2010. Hopefully, that will help give them the identity that Peter Molyneux thinks they so desperately need.

"[Project Natal is] also an opportunity to exercise some genre evolution," Betteridge says, "so hopefully we'll be able to develop something on that front."

Are you thinking what I'm thinking? If the answer is a first person shooter/boxing game based on the adventures of Killer Instinct's T.J. Combo, than it sounds like we are.

Source

Mr. Waffle

A Free Waffle
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Canonbeat234 said:
This seems a bit weird IMO, I mean am I going to be interactive with the game or playing it
unsure.gif
You'll be the victim and there will be bullets flying out of the Nathal bar thingy

popoffka

Trophies
Website
popoffka.ru
XP
Country
I don't think that the whole natal thing is a good idea >_<
Even if I can imagine walking in game by walking on place in RL, I can't imagine running, aiming and shooting.
I think Wii's controller idea is better because you at least have some feelings (holding wiimote) and a vibration(and some buttons too), so it's easier to imagine controlling the game.
If you want to play FPS "just like in the real life", then go to the shooting range, fucking bastard!

DSGamer64

Canadian, Eh?
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Natal is one of those things I won't even invest in for my 360 because it seems like such a piece of shit idea. You can't really do much more with FPS games these days as it is.

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't really care about Natal. It's not going to be the Wii killer it claims to be. A year from the Natal launch all the hubbub will probably be about next gen systems. It's too late to the game and not to mention probably pricey.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: Imma make quesadillas for lunch :D +1