^^didn't play it that much, but I love it =D
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
When I download some games or homebrew onto my r4 that are .rar files, it always says to either open or save. If I click open, it says to "save archive." What does that mean? When I use open .zip files, it just goes straight to the file. Can someone help me?
wacko.gif

Lee79

Hyper...Active...Team Fortress 2 Addict
Trophies
Website
steamcommunity.com
XP
Country
RAR files are the same as zip files but require a Program to extract the contents there are many to choose from but the main one's are WinRAR or 7Zip. I personnel use 7zip as it is free and handles most archive files. You Should use one of these programs to open the RAR file and extract the contents before putting them onto the R4 all games and homebrew are .nds files.

Tri-Z

Tri z
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Open the .rar files on your computer and extract the file that is inside. It should be a .nds for ds games. Use a program like winrar if your computer is not equipped with it.

wiithepeople

^^didn't play it that much, but I love it =D
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
ok thx! let me see what I can do...

EDIT: I seem to have installed the .exe file of 7zip, however it still uses winzip when I click open .rar file. Then it goes to the "add archive" thingy...What do I do?

Lee79

Hyper...Active...Team Fortress 2 Addict
Trophies
Website
steamcommunity.com
XP
Country
Right click the RAR file and choose 7zip>Open Archive.

Oh yeah and uninstall winzip you do not need it 7zip will handle all your ZIP files and i suspect it is causing a conflict as each program is fighting to associate (be the main program) to handle archive files.

Edit. An easy way i just found open 7zip File Manger choose Tools>Options on the menu bar. On the System tab> Select All>Apply>Ok

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: 455