Gaming Rapidshare - Should I renew my account

Miss Panda

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
My Rapidshare account is due to run out soon. And I see they have this new 'rabids' system. I worked out it will cost me about 59 GBP for another 12 months. I mainly use torrents for big files so I'm wondering whether it is worth renewing it or whether I should shop around for a different download/upload place. I've hardly used it lately no one seems to be hosting things I need there any more. I don't mind paying that amount IF I use it.

What say you people? Who do you use or recommend and why?

Zaertix

One Stop Nintendo Shop on Mixer!
Trophies
Website
mixer.com
XP
Country
United States
Megaupload still reigns king to me.

FS and FSC yes are the favorites right now.

RS just fails.

I say go Megaupload lol.

I use megaupload because it's the most prevalent on a forum I visit, and it's been the best to me. With few file deletions and VERY little downtime. Good speeds, and good rewards.

Bently

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Tonitonichopchop said:
I prefer Megaupload, especially in conjunction with Mega Manager. I max out my speed and can download big files really fast.

+1, I agree with this post. However nowadays more people use Fileserve, though you could pick up a lifetime platinum Megaupload account instead of those costly
monthly premiums.

coolness

PSN: Dutch_DarkLord
Banned
Trophies
Website
dutchmw3.webs.com
XP
Country
Netherlands
i so hate rapidshare sinds that download time shit
happy that i have a downloader for it so i dont have to wait
biggrin.gif

Originality

Chibi-neko
Trophies
Website
metalix.deviantart.com
XP
Country
I find that Megaupload is easily the best file hosting service, although if you have to buy premium, FileSonic seems to be a good choice. There are a lot of file sharing sites that are using FS as their primary host, probably because of the reward scheme that they've got in place where you can earn money for people downloading your files. FSc seems to be the most popular backup, despite how slow it is (waiting times, slow download speeds, and the fact that you have to deal with AntiCaptcha or ReCaptcha each time).

Still not as good as MU, but then again, MU is heavily moderated.

EDIT: In response to coolness, MediaFire is slow. Any time I use it, it only runs at a third of the speed of MU.

coolness

Banned
Trophies
Website
dutchmw3.webs.com
XP
Country
Netherlands
Originality said:
I find that Megaupload is easily the best file hosting service, although if you have to buy premium, FileSonic seems to be a good choice. There are a lot of file sharing sites that are using FS as their primary host, probably because of the reward scheme that they've got in place where you can earn money for people downloading your files. FSc seems to be the most popular backup, despite how slow it is (waiting times, slow download speeds, and the fact that you have to deal with AntiCaptcha or ReCaptcha each time).

mediafire is best uploading is free and downloading is direct without waiting time

Ace Overclocked

My CPU's hot but my core runs cold.
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
coolness said:
Originality said:

mediafire is best uploading is free and downloading is direct without waiting time
waiting time is not an issue
be patient people
is waiting some seconds so hard?

coolness

Banned
Trophies
Website
dutchmw3.webs.com
XP
Country
Netherlands
aminemaster said:
coolness said:
Originality said:

waiting time is not an issue
be patient people
is waiting some seconds so hard?

waiting lets me think of an attraction and i hate waiting
tongue.gif

Waflix

El Psy Congroo
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I would say MediaFire. It has a good system, and if someone wants to download something, he only has to wait until the page has loaded.

D

Deleted-236924

Why do you keep proposing different file hosts?
From what I've understood of the original post, he's using it to download stuff, not to upload stuff.

Waflix

El Psy Congroo
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Pingouin7 said:
Why do you keep proposing different file hosts?
From what I've understood of the original post, he's using it to download stuff, not to upload stuff.

QUOTE(mabilouz @ May 12 2011, 04:54 PM) ...for a different download/upload place...

From what I've understood of the original post, he's using ito to download and upload stuff.

shamiko_

~
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
go get yourself a premium account at real-debrid.fr

it's only 16€ for 6 months worth of premum downloading and works with over 60 file sharing sites.

nico445

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
i've been lucky i think, had a year of rapidshare which kosted like 50 Euro i think? , then they went over to rapid points and since then my account will work until somewhere 2014/15
tongue.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: yawn