[RANT!]I encountered a shiny Skorpuri but...(Pokemon White 2)

Discussion in 'NDS - Console and Game Discussions' started by DJ91990, Jan 25, 2014.

?

Select if any of the following has ever happened to you when encountering a shiny

1. AI Partner's Pokemon fainted it

33.3%
  2. Encountered one before Pokedex

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Partner's Pokemon was shiny

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. AI Opponent's Pokemon was shiny

16.7%
  5. Shiny Pokemon Flied

33.3%
  6. Fainted it

66.7%
  7. Captured it, only to have the game crash before I could save

16.7%
  8. Pokemon at Prof. Intro was shiny

16.7%
  9. I had no Pokeballs!

50.0%
  10. Other (Explain in post)

16.7%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. DJ91990
    OP

DJ91990 Dark-Type Trainer

Feb 9, 2009
    United States
    Oakwood Region
    I am mad right now.
    Why?

Because someone at Gamefreak decided to not take a page out of the Pokemon Colosseum/XD book and allow you to target a Pokemon in a double battle, and FORCE YOU to knock out a Pokemon before you can capture the other one.

Put that on top of an AI controlled player that doesn't understand the concept of "DON'T TARGET THE SHINY POKEMON!"

I was at Reversial Mountain and I saw the shiny Skorpuri, my first reaction was to use the Master Ball but when I went to use it expecting it to play out like Colosseum/XD where I have to select my target, this happens:
    "No! It's impossible to aim with two wild Pokemon!"

What a crock of crap! Does that mean that Miguel had some sort of impossible aim?! Did the snag machine have a targeting system and balls thrown with it homed in to their target Pokemon?!

Because of this stupid oversight on the game programmers' part, I just got screwed out of a shiny Pokemon!
    I didn't have a Pokemon powerful enough to 1HKO her Musharna and all her other Pokemon. But trust me, I didn't leave Reversal Mountain without rage-team-killing her Musharna!

Has something like this ever happened to you? Share your story! I wanna read about the most rage-inducing, B.S. time you encountered a shiny Pokemon!

Now if you excuse me I'm going to level all the wild Pokemon at Reversal Mountain out of pure rage.
    I'm so rage-filled right now I feel like I'm gonna puke. >.<
    Gethsis?! Unova has a greater threat then him. ME LEVELING AN ENTIRE ECOSYSTEM OF WILD POKEMON OUT OF RAAAAAAGE!

2. pBullet

pBullet SHSL Idol

May 8, 2012
    United States
    Rhode Island
    The snag machine actually does have a targeting system which aids Wes/Luke in capturing Pokemon in double battles.

3. codezer0

codezer0 Gaming keeps me sane

Jul 14, 2009
    United States
    The Magic School Bus
    Across five generations of games and playing both legit and with codes, I had never encountered a legitimate shiny... ever. :(

I wouldn't care so much, except that Game Freak, the *expletive*s at Smogon, and the nitwits at large on the GTS which follow their respective gospels, forced me to care. :(

Coto likes this.