Rant about wifi disconectors

Discussion in 'NDS - Console and Game Discussions' started by blackbunny, Feb 9, 2008.

Feb 9, 2008

Rant about wifi disconectors by blackbunny at 1:29 AM (1,170 Views / 0 Likes) 6 replies

1. blackbunny
    OP

Newcomer blackbunny Member

Australia
    I cant stand those dogs and disconnect in wifi yugioh. they know that they will loose their rating and i will gain no rating at all.

so i own chronous (6th or something best in the world) and that dog disconnects. everytime i won some1 with 1k+, 4k+ rating they disconnect or cheat.

cheating dogs that magically make u loose will get negative karma.

THEY ALL NEED TO DIE. FFS THIS SHIT MAKES ME PISSED OFF

2. fischju

Member fischju Rehabilitated Jaywalker

United States
    Online cheaters are pathetic on every platform, especially the ones who "just do it for fun."

But unless you join the company that makes the games and devise a new security measure, there is nothing you can do.

3. Jaejae

Member Jaejae Superfly Don't Used

New Zealand
    IMO Nintendo needs to get their shit together and start banning the MAC IDs of these cheaters.
    Although, that might lead to banning of flash cart users.

4. Ruri

Member Ruri GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    Well, the cheaters, at least, are easy to deal with; just slam the power switch and disconnect when you see someone definitely cheating (using one problem to solve another, so to speak.) They do seem to be removing some of the people who had 6-card Exodia decks from the rankings, so I think they're doing something... it would be nice if the system did some basic server-side checks for blatantly absurd things like that, though.

I don't think anything can be done about the serial-disconnecters, though. I mean, people disconnect by accident all the time... it would take an absurd amount of effort to examine every game and figure out if there's a pattern of them disconnecting when they're losing, then ban.

5. Jaejae

Member Jaejae Superfly Don't Used

New Zealand
    Disconnecting is something we will just have to live with, I'm concerned with the cheaters.
    Like the ones with infinite Bullet Bill in MKDS.

6. greyhound

Member greyhound GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United Kingdom
    people DC all the time in MKDS nowadays, i just expect it now and it makes me laugh everytime it occurs.

7. Jdbye

Suspended Jdbye Always Remember 30/07/08

Norway
    So is wifi disconnector the opposite of wifi connector? [​IMG]
    Anyway, jokes aside, I completely agree with you, but even so I tend to do it myself when I play against random people. I don't play wifi against random people a lot though, it's just not the same, they might as well be computers and you wouldn't really notice a difference. (I haven't played Yu-Gi-Oh, I think MKDS is the only DS game I've played over random wifi)