Gaming Random white screen of death in Pokemon Y

theodora

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi there!

So, I pretty much just had an hour of progress wiped out when, out of nowhere, my game decided to hang on a white screen.

At the time, I was on Northern Boulevard in Lumiose, inside the Pokemon Center (the one closest to Lumiose Tower). I had exited out of playing with Aurorus in Pokemon Amie, and that was when it happened.

I tried pressing various buttons to see if I could get back out of the white screen, which was on the top screen and bottom screen. No luck.

I eventually popped the gamecart out of the back of my 3DS, leading to my losing my hour of progress. (Yes, I know, I should have saved sooner >.>;; I'm an idiot.)

I just wanted to ask if anybody else has ever had that happen? If it helps any, I'm on O3DS 10.5. I don't use custom firmware. My copy of Pokemon Y is a physical cart. I'm fairly sure everything's up to date. I have tried googling around, but couldn't really find anything that fitted my situation, so -- figured I'd ask, see if anyone knows what happened!

Thanks for your time~!

~Dora

Grim Ripper

Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
There was a bug that caused the save to corrupt if you saved in Lumiose Cite in Pokemon X/Y but it was resolved with a patch.
Make sure you have all the patches installed.

Reactions: NekoMichi

theodora

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
There was a bug that caused the save to corrupt if you saved in Lumiose Cite in Pokemon X/Y but it was resolved with a patch.
Make sure you have all the patches installed.

That was why I said I was sure everything is up to date. =P The only two updates available to me at the moment are for Pokemon Shuffle and Rumble, neither of which I actually use much.

Also, I hadn't saved in Lumiose, and that glitch only happens while outside if you didn't update. Which isn't the case here -- I was indoors, and coming out of Pokemon Amie, rather than trying to load a save.

Apple Pie

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I had the save bug happen to me a lot, but for this I would check the cartridge and the slot on your 3DS (or2DS) there could be a contact problem (?)

Clydefrosch

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Hi there!

So, I pretty much just had an hour of progress wiped out when, out of nowhere, my game decided to hang on a white screen.

At the time, I was on Northern Boulevard in Lumiose, inside the Pokemon Center (the one closest to Lumiose Tower). I had exited out of playing with Aurorus in Pokemon Amie, and that was when it happened.

I tried pressing various buttons to see if I could get back out of the white screen, which was on the top screen and bottom screen. No luck.

I eventually popped the gamecart out of the back of my 3DS, leading to my losing my hour of progress. (Yes, I know, I should have saved sooner >.>;; I'm an idiot.)

I just wanted to ask if anybody else has ever had that happen? If it helps any, I'm on O3DS 10.5. I don't use custom firmware. My copy of Pokemon Y is a physical cart. I'm fairly sure everything's up to date. I have tried googling around, but couldn't really find anything that fitted my situation, so -- figured I'd ask, see if anyone knows what happened!

Thanks for your time~!

~Dora

it sounds like a cart/contact issue. did you happen to touch your gamecart before the game stopped? or have it be touched by anything else, like when putting it down on your leg or a soft surface that could press against it? while 3ds games fit very snug in the cart slot and shouldnt be that sensitive, i know that my ds carts are very prone to stopping at the lightest touches.

if you have some canned air,close your 3ds and put it flat on the edge of a table, then blow out the cart slot (dont hold the can of air in an angle or it'll spay liquid co2 which isnt good for the contacts).

or it might just have been a fluke and never happen again. its certainly no known glitch

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: 455