Random Photoshop Rant...

Wizerzak

Because I'm a potato!
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
I am sure that 99% of people in this forum have seen some funny picture that has been 'made with photoshop'. I do admit seein screwed up celebrities etc is funny but only for a brief few seconds until you get bored.... So that artist (if that's what you can call them) spent hours of his time perfecting that for a 2 second joke, now that's fine by me but what i can't understand is how anyone could pay £643.90 (that's $1006.22) on making a joke???!!!???!!!

And here's the really funny thing: I bet they get really pissed when they realize that there's another program called paint.NET which is absolutely FREE and does everything photoshop does and more. One of which is an infinite number of undos; photoshop can't even do 2 sometimes. Even better it starts of pretty simplistic and then you can download extra tools/effects as you need them. This means that it is super fast to load up, unlike photoshop which takes hours (OK not hours but sometimes up to 2 minutes).

Lastly, paint.NET has an ever growing community and hundreds, if not, thousands of guides and tutorials on just on website for those who don't know where to start. For example my signature was created using a tut on that website and, go on admit it, you thought it was made with photoshop.

I think i have made my case, feel free to argue and discuss all you like with me/yourselves.

Wizzerzak.

raulpica

With your drill, thrust to the sky!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I can't understand what you're saying.

...paying... for Photoshop?
unsure.gif

I thought you could download it for free!
tpi.gif

Wizerzak

Because I'm a potato!
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
yh there's a thing called copyright and these other species called 'police' seem to use it a lot to obtain money for their biscuit fund in the staff room...

raulpica

With your drill, thrust to the sky!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Wizzerzak said:
yh there's a thing called copyright and these other species called 'police' seem to use it a lot to obtain money for their biscuit fund in the staff room...
Those scoundrels *shakes fist*

Well, I guess I should try paint.NET sometimes, to make my shoops.

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
Trophies
Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
What version of photoshop are you talking about, 4? Photoshop has and has always had an incredible number of features compared to paint.net. Hell, I've only got version 7, and it's still got at least twice as much shit.

GIMP > Paint.net anyways in the number of features.

Also "photoshop" is used as a verb for photo manipulation in general. As well some people think it's a way to refer to any sort of photo manipulation software.

science

science rules
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Yeah, because the only reason Photoshop exists is to make "screwed up celebrities" for "2 second joke". My least favourite part of Photoshop is it only lets you undo twice. Wanna get rid of that thing you messed up on three strokes ago? Fuck you! Too bad! Suck my dick, etc! It ain't happening, bitch!

Ace

GBATemp's Patrick Bateman
Trophies
Website
goo.gl
XP
Country
The only people who whine over Photoshop are those who don't understand how to use it. Of course it's not only meant to f*ck up celebrities faces and make snap jokes at you. Have you ever tried going to YouTube for a Photoshop tutorial? You're gonna get surprised at the amount of results. And don't even come here asking about how many tutorials you get from Google Searching.

While, yes, it is VERY pirated (perhaps over-pirated), it has valid functions which are very powerful for any image manipulation needed. And the functions added for each version are (mostly) worth their price. You are, after all, paying for an all-access license to do nearly ANYTHING with your pictures.

Although I personally prefer GIMP, because it's a bit of an unexplored area for me (already self-taught Photoshop over 4 years). It doesn't load fast, but it shock-full of functions.

Oh, and if you wanted 2 second jokes and screwed up celebrities, and keep complaining over people wasting too much time on jokes, use MS Paint. You're sure to have fun with their latest PAINTBRUSH tool. Now with 3 brush sizes! And newly added 3 undo's!!
All for the loooow price of 300 USD (provided you're buying the Retail Windows 7 Professional)
Not exactly trying to flame (but certainly pointing out your somewhat flawed arguments), but hey, at least MS Paint loads quickly, right?

mameks

in memoriam of gravitas
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I was going to quote Ace's post and say something...but then my earlier post finished loading below...and now I can't remember what I was going to say

Wizerzak

Because I'm a potato!
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
what i was trying to get at is that photoshop is overpriced.... i am talking about paint.NET not MS Paint (check the first link) which has a massive database of extra tools online which upgrade it to be more or less exacting the same as photoshop but free. Also i agree GIMP is very good i just happened to use paint.NET as my example as i use that the most.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

eof

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://youtu.be/BkUi1uEdCmk