Hacking Random freeze

Retal

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Anyone had a problem where the DS will randomly freeze, using the R4? This happened to me whilst playing a game (Anno, although I don't think that it matters). I tried a soft reset to see if the R4 was still functioning but the game had crashed, but the soft reset did not work which meant that the whole machine had frozen. I restarted the DS with the power switch but the game did not go into the R4 menu, instead to the NDS menu. For a moment I was worried and thought my R4 had died, but when I reset the DS once again with the power switch, everything was fine again. Any clues what happened or why, and has this happened to anyone else before?

Shelleeson

Trophies
XP
Country
had you by any chance touched the back of the ds near to the card or jolted it at all?
i know sometimes my m3 gets tempremental if i touch near or around the top of the card.
dry.gif

Talaria

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
New Zealand
wink2.gif
, Well i thought something similar happened while playing Brothers In Arms DS it just froze, soft reset nor waiting made it unfreeze or load to the r4 screen. My Micro SD was a Kingston 1G Japan the CO1G batch. But then i saw the r4 was just sticking a fraction of mm (okay 2-3mm) out of the DS. So i experimented and pulling the r4 out or a retail game, makes it freeze and play the same loop of music. In your case i am guessing the card might been bumped or the connection was not clear due to dust etc, so it froze as the ds couldn't read anything. So you turned off and it loaded to the DS menu. Then you might have bumped it slightly causing the card to have a full connection with the DS so then the R4 worked the next time you powered it on.

Or it could of just randomly froze you pick
biggrin.gif

saticoy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This freezing actually started happening to me today too, and it was indeed caused by some kind of impact to the DS on or around the slot 1 area. Cleaning the slots and cards did seem to make it less likely to freeze, but the R4 is definitely much more sensitive to physical shock than a retail cart.

op22

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I have the same problem, it might be the microsd. i am using a sandisk made in taiwan fyi. also where did you buy it from?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: sure, it can be hands free