Hardware Random Button Presses on Right Joycon

IronWarship

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Recently my right joycon has started acting up where it'll just randomly start pressing every button on it.
If I go into "Test Controller Buttons", I can see it spam a bunch at once, but then it usually goes home and starts doing a bunch of stuff like bringing up the sleep menu and going into and out of my game and everything.
This was happening over UART and Bluetooth.

I've cleaned all the boards with 91% rubbing alcohol, but it doesn't seem like that fixed it.
After that didn't work, I took the whole thing apart and right now I just have the rail connected to the main PCB with everything else connected.

I have all the tools to potentially fix this, but I'm not sure where to start looking.
Any ideas?

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Recently my right joycon has started acting up where it'll just randomly start pressing every button on it.
If I go into "Test Controller Buttons", I can see it spam a bunch at once, but then it usually goes home and starts doing a bunch of stuff like bringing up the sleep menu and going into and out of my game and everything.
This was happening over UART and Bluetooth.

I've cleaned all the boards with 91% rubbing alcohol, but it doesn't seem like that fixed it.
After that didn't work, I took the whole thing apart and right now I just have the rail connected to the main PCB with everything else connected.

I have all the tools to potentially fix this, but I'm not sure where to start looking.
Any ideas?
Try updating the controllers from the settings.

Eruandou

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
My experience with this controllers is, if it is the right joycon, it's probably the R bumper that's making everything go crazy. You could reflow the solder, change the R button or remove it completely. Try that and it's likely your issues will be gone.

Joerpg84

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
My experience with this controllers is, if it is the right joycon, it's probably the R bumper that's making everything go crazy. You could reflow the solder, change the R button or remove it completely. Try that and it's likely your issues will be gone.

This is exactly what’s happening with mine. I was playing with the joycons attached and the switch on charge so it’s not Bluetooth… I realised the game I was playing was making my character dash all the time and that is linked to R or ZR.

I am not very good with fixing things but for someone with 0 knowledge what reflow the solder means…is it something I can fix at home myself now?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: you could say it fell out.