Random BSOD errors

• Thread starter Deleted_171835
  • Start date
  • Views 1,851
  • Replies 15
D

Deleted_171835

OP
While using my computer, I randomly get BSOD's. I'm unsure as to what the problem is.

Additional information about the problem:
  • BCCode: 124
  • BCP1: 00000000
  • BCP2: 85BA1024
  • BCP3: B2000010
  • BCP4: 00010C0F
  • OS Version: 6_1_7601
  • Service Pack: 1_0
  • Product: 256_1
Computer Specs:
  • Windows 7 Ultimate - 32 bit
  • AMD Athlon 64 X2 Dual Core 3800+ - 2GHz
  • 2GB of RAM
  • NVIDIA GeForce 7300 LE
I uploaded a minidump of one of the Bluescreens on Mediafire.
http://www.mediafire.com/?u0nnsyxdiqjukmr

D

Deleted_171835

OP
Coto said:
It would be a good idea to get the latest motherboard drivers (these often include sata & bridge ones)
I can't seem to find drivers for the motherboard.

Manufacturer's motherboard name: Asus M2N68-LA
HP's name for it: Narra2-GL8E

Coto

-
Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
SoulSnatcher said:
Coto said:
It would be a good idea to get the latest motherboard drivers (these often include sata & bridge ones)
I can't seem to find drivers for the motherboard.

Manufacturer's motherboard name: Asus M2N68-LA
HP's name for it: Narra2-GL8E

You could either get the drivers from Windows Update (In windows 7 actually works!). Or here:

http://www.nvidia.com/object/nforce_vista_...2bit_15.49.html

Your motherboard has a custom chipset built by asus but designed by HP. It's a Nforce 430 geforce 6150se. The link above has the latest for Nforce 430 chipsets (video card drivers included as geforce 6150se).

D

Deleted_171835

OP
Coto said:
You could either get the drivers from Windows Update (In windows 7 actually works!). Or here:

Your motherboard has a custom chipset built by asus but designed by HP. It's a Nforce 430 geforce 6150se. The link above has the latest for Nforce 430 chipsets (video card drivers included as geforce 6150se).
I don't use the integrated GFX card, anymore.

Also, I have updated through Windows Update and it still blue screen's.

Coto

-
Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
SoulSnatcher said:
Coto said:

I don't use the integrated GFX card, anymore.

Also, I have updated through Windows Update and it still blue screen's.

Ok. Windows update detects certain hardware, but often skips the most important. Install them from the link I gave you. Those have sata, chipset, etc.

Minox

Thanks for the fish
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
The attached minidump won't do much good as this specific type of BSOD is caused by a hardware complaint and contains very little usable information. Here's a bit more information regarding the issue at hand.

icon11.gif
Stop 0x124 - Sevenforums

doyama

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Since it 'appears' to be a hardware issue you can probably start with a few things.

1) Update BIOS on your mobo
2) Physically disconnect all extraneous peripherals and test
3) Physically disconnect all hard drives except the system drive and test
4) Start popping out memory modules
5) Swap out the video card and go integrated only

Coto

-
Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
Minox_IX said:
The minidump that is attached won't do much good as this specific type of BSOD is caused by a hardware complaint. Here's a bit more information regarding the issue at hand.

icon11.gif
Stop 0x124 - Sevenforums

Yeah, guess it's a BIOS issue. I too have a Nforce 430 based computer, being a camera recording server. I had a lot of BSOD before, until I saw this fault was fixed by a BIOS update, and did it. I've had no more problems since I've performed it.

D

Deleted_171835

OP
Coto said:
Yeah, guess it's a BIOS issue. I too have a Nforce 430 based computer, being a camera recording server. I had a lot of BSOD before, until I saw this fault was fixed by a BIOS update, and did it. I've had no more problems since I've performed it.
doyama said:
Since it 'appears' to be a hardware issue you can probably start with a few things.

1) Update BIOS on your mobo
There are no available BIOS updates for Windows 7, though. Only for Windows Vista.

QUOTE(doyama @ Jun 5 2011, 10:34 AM)
5) Swap out the video card and go integrated only
The BSOD's still happen with the integrated GFX card.

I'll try running chkdsk.

Coto

-
Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
BIOS are apart from OS. The most current BIOS version you have, the better. BIOS handles the "talking" between O.S & hardware , hence why it's needed.

doyama

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
For BIOS updates you need to go to your mobo vendor and figure out how to install it In theory it should be a rebranded ASUS but you should hit HP's site and see if there's a BIOS update for your system. What's the HP model number of your computer, it'll help in tracking that down. Windows update generally won't find BIOS updates for your system very well.

You might want to double check if you can 'disable' the integrated video card within the BIOS. It might be automatic but older systems you needed to manually set this. I had random freezing because the integrated card was screwy but installed a new video card and disabled the internal one and fixed it. Just check if there's any explicit way to disabled the integrated video card in the BIOS.

Chkdsk will only find bad sectors on the disk. I recently had a weird issue, some WD drives had a firmware bug that caused them to go into a very weird state. Despite the WD drive NOT being the system one, it caused the entire system to do horrible things (slow boot, can't write, bsod/etc). Only by unplugging it did I manage to isolate the issue, and fixed the problem with the system. It's a bit of a long shot but it's worth trying to disconnect any extra hard drives you might have.

I'd be willing to bet its either the BIOS, or the memory. If your have more than one memory stick in there try popping them out individually and see if that makes it more stable. Try swapping slots too, as the memory stick might be good but the slot could be bad.

doyama

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ryupower said:
i may not hurt to
get more RAM , so you have 4gb (or more)

When troubleshooting a system, ADDING more stuff is never the solution. You have to start with a baseline and either remove, or replace items individually in order to isolate the issue. If you have a bad memory module/slot, you can add 2GB more memory and it will die. And you'll falsely assume the memory is not the issue.

He's running 32bit so going higher than 4GB is pretty moot anyways.

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
Trophies
Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
Minox_IX said:
The attached minidump won't do much good as this specific type of BSOD is caused by a hardware complaint and contains very little usable information.
While the error and ntkrnlpa.exe being involved is usually Too Damn Generic™, I see this as well.

halmacpi.dll+ef3f

It's timestamp is from the same date as many other drivers so I assume it's a system one, though, so it's not much help, just figured I'd take a look and see if i could offer any more info.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uLN9qrJ8ESs