RAM library for GBA slot cards

Discussion in 'NDS - ROM Hacking and Translations' started by FAST6191, Apr 19, 2007.

Apr 19, 2007
  1. FAST6191
    OP

Reporter FAST6191 Techromancer

pip
    United Kingdom
    I do not know how how much interest this will get but Lick made a ram library for various carts, with the increasing usage of the RAM found in some carts for homebrew this may be a start to avoid an ugly situation like happened with FAT access prior to DLDI.

Original post
    http://forum.gbadev.org/viewtopic.php?t=13023

2. gordillo

Member gordillo GBAtemp Regular

Canada
    dwat does it do really??? for a noob like me?

3. FAST6191
    OP

Reporter FAST6191 Techromancer

pip
    United Kingdom
    To make programming easier (either so you do not have to repeat something or know something) most computer languages that are worthwhile support calling on sections of code called libraries, libraries are designed to do something (some mathematical function to numbers, read video, access memory........).
    This library helps enable people to access the extra ram found on various different flash carts, it is of special interest as different carts have different ways of accessing the ram so if I were to write something that accessed the opera browser ram it would not work on the M3 (unless I included m3 code as well). If you recall back you may remember last year where homebrew would only work with certain flash carts (mainly the gbamp, sc cf/sd or M3), this was because the FAT access code for those carts tended to be the only one included. Then DLDI came along to help with such a thing, this is similar but for the ram (OK there a major problem with that analogy but you get the idea).