RajNX - currently the BEST and most USER-FRIENDLY free starter pack for Nintendo Switch

Discussion in 'Switch - Exploits, Custom Firmwares & Soft Mods' started by rajkosto, Aug 4, 2018.

1. rajkosto
    OP

rajkosto GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Apr 6, 2017
    2nd menu option, autoboot, choose the launch profile you want to be autobooted.
    And it's hold VOL-, not VOL+, to skip autoboot and go into menu.

lordelan likes this.
  2. Serfrost

Serfrost GBAtemp Fan

Jan 7, 2015
    United States
    1. Boot into the menu.
    2. Select "Launch Options..."
    3. Select "Auto boot"
    4. Enable the option you plan to boot every time.
    Doing this will require you to hold Vol- while sending the payload in order to see the boot menu.

-- Oh, whoops, Raj already replied. lol

ModderFokker619 and lordelan like this.
  3. lordelan

lordelan GBAtemp Addict

Jan 4, 2015
    Germany
    Perfect solution, exactly what I wanted.
    Thx guys.

Serfrost likes this.
  4. switshgam0r
    This message by switshgam0r has been removed from public view by x65943, Aug 9, 2018, Reason: Off topic, spamming.
    Aug 9, 2018
  5. lordelan
    This message by lordelan has been removed from public view by x65943, Aug 9, 2018, Reason: reply to trashed post / off topic.
    Aug 9, 2018
  6. Dean_

Dean_ GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Sep 11, 2014
  7. rajkosto
    OP

Apr 6, 2017
    Last edited by rajkosto, Aug 9, 2018
    charlieb, Serfrost, tiliarou and 2 others like this.
  8. Ivellios

Ivellios Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Sep 5, 2009
    Brazil
    Just a quick question, i have never hacked my Switch before, it is currently at 3.0.2 firmware. So how should i format the microsd card in order to install RajNX? Exfat or FAT32?

9. rajkosto
    OP

Apr 6, 2017
    FAT32 if exFAT tells you that "A system update is required before you can use this SDXC card"

Ivellios likes this.
  10. Eduardox18

Eduardox18 Newbie

Newcomer
    Aug 10, 2018
    Mexico
    I prefer exFAT for the more than 4 GB games (Bayonetta, Dragon Ball, etc.)
    But idk if the exFAT compatibility (an update) update your console too...

Btw, awesome work @rajkosto, thanks for sharing this with us!

Last edited by Eduardox18, Aug 10, 2018
  11. Pluupy

Pluupy _(:3」∠)_

Sep 13, 2009
    United States
    That's not the difference. Community has nothing to do with ReiNX and RajNX.

The true difference is that RajNX allows users to edit config files and adjust it. Rei designed ReiNX to be complete out of the box.

Ideally, ReiNX is the safest for the common layman because of this. There are no files to adjust. Rei did this for ReiNAND on 3DS and did it here too. (This is also why Aurora Wright forked ReiNAND, because Aurora also believes in this concept).

ReiNX is able to install .nsp files just fine.

There is no real reason to use RajNX. Either use Atmosphere or ReiNX.

DarthDub likes this.
  12. Ivellios

Ivellios Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Sep 5, 2009
    Brazil
    What about reduced telemetry and other measures to reduce bans, isnt this a good reason to use RajNX?

13. Pluupy

Pluupy _(:3」∠)_

Sep 13, 2009
    United States
    You reduce telemetry by blocking nintendo domains from your router, not CFW.

0.0.0.0 sun.hac.1p1.d4c.nintendo.net # Disable Nintendo updates
    0.0.0.0 atumn.hac.1p1.d4c.nintendo.net # Disable Nintendo updates
    0.0.0.0 beach.hac.1p1.eshop.nintendo.net # Disable Nintendo updates
    0.0.0.0 receive-Ip1.dg.srv.nintendo.net # Disable Nintendo telemetry
    0.0.0.0 receive-Ipter.srv.nintendo.net # Disable Nintendo telemetry

If you are afraid of ban, just dont hack your switch at all.

Dexae likes this.
  14. Ivellios

Ivellios Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Sep 5, 2009
    Brazil
    This is why i asked, but i did some research and it seems there is a alternative way of adding exfat support without updating so i will try that if needed.

I did not know abou this, thanks. I dont care abput online but if there are things i can do that can at least reduce the odds of being banned a little, i think its worth using it.

15. I_doTinySoldering
    This message by I_doTinySoldering has been removed from public view by Quantumcat, Aug 10, 2018.
    Aug 10, 2018
  16. SaffronXL

SaffronXL Switch On Drop Out

Nov 17, 2016
    United States
    New Mexico
    You seem to imply that RajNX requires manually editing a config file to function, which is simply not true. Both work perfectly and are completely safe "out of the box", but RajNX has a menu available in case you need to make changes, which IMO is simpler than deleting/renaming/moving files. To change the boot options for Rei, say to disable LayeredFS or the NOGC patch, you either need to use separate hardware or a homebrew app like NX-Shell. This isn't a big deal, but objectively declaring one method as easier or safer or more beginner friendly than the other is ridiculous.

As for reduced telemetry, RajNX blocks a specific sysmodule from running and collecting potential data for a ban. Just like domain blocking, whether this reduces your chances of being banned or not is purely speculative, and I don't know enough on the matter to give an opinion.

RajNX also gives the ability to customize the shortcut to the homebrew menu, which I believe is still a unique feature. I prefer having to hold R to launch the menu to reduce the chances of my non-technical friends from messing with something they shouldn't, and while this is a very minor preference, me and a couple other users asked for it, and Raj implemented it in about a half hour. I was impressed, to say the least.

But really, these are very minor differences, and I contend that the bigger difference between the two is the people behind them. Rei is great, but at least one of the main developers for ReiNX is, let's just say, a not very nice person, and I prefer to avoid running software he is involved with.

17. mooglazer
    This message by mooglazer has been removed from public view by Quantumcat, Aug 10, 2018, Reason: Reply to deleted post.
    Aug 10, 2018
  18. chrisnasah

chrisnasah Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jun 14, 2018
    United Kingdom
    am i right into thinking, once i install the CFW, go to Albums and run Tinfoil. This will create a folder in SD where i can install the NSP's from?

Is there anything else i need to do as i keep getting error when trying to install the NSP running 4.1.0 firmware

edit: all working now, tried another game and it was OK.

Last edited by chrisnasah, Aug 10, 2018
  19. crow132

crow132 GBAtemp Regular

Jan 19, 2016
    Saint Helena
    for me rajnx is "more" out of the box, since i dont have to remove all that anime bullshit from it

didn't change a single config file from rajnx and it's working just perfectly fine

veddermandan likes this.
  20. tatundria

tatundria GBAtemp Fan

Feb 24, 2009
    Argentina
    Hey @rajkosto, could you add xci2nsp compatibility?

21. mariogamer

mariogamer GBAtemp Maniac

Aug 12, 2015
    Canada
    -snip-

Last edited by mariogamer, Aug 10, 2018
  22. Zumoly

Zumoly GBATemp Analyst

Apr 27, 2018
    Mali
    Yorosso
    Thank you very much for this handy CFW Raj!
    As a usual Hekate user I'm feeling quite comfortable customizing this (the hb menu button is the best!)

Try closing and reopening Tegrasmash, it should solve the issue.

The tool is being updated by the creator so there is apparently no need to implement it in the CFW.

23. zona

zona Member

Newcomer
    Jun 16, 2014
    Macedonia, The Former Yugoslav Republic of
    this might be stupid question, sorry for it
    can I use this on 2.1 fw and install nsp games without updating the FW to 5.1 ?

if so great, I'll install my trinket and finally play my switch after a year, after I played Zelda BOTW my only game that I got with my switch on lunch :ha: ( I have lot's of consoles so was not that important to use the console, got it only because I collect gaming consoles )

24. ninjacat

ninjacat Member

Newcomer
    Aug 8, 2018
    United States
    no. you must use choidujourNX to upgrade your firmware to play newer games that require higher firmwares.

Unless you want to play older games that does not require a higher firmware than 2.1 fw.

zona likes this.
  25. zona

zona Member

Newcomer
    Jun 16, 2014
    Macedonia, The Former Yugoslav Republic of
    @ninjacat Thanks, for the time i'll stay on 2.1 and play older games ;)
    until non-tethered boot is released, if ewer :O